Advice Request Now that Revo Uninstaller Pro is a yearly fee, what is the best alternative uninstaller?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Revo Uninstaller Pro 4 just came out. It looks ok but not sure if it is worth a yearly fee.

Or is a uninstaller not even necessary ?

Reactions: given and bribon77

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
I Would never pay for an uninstaller yearly. It's a bit outside the box but what about shadow defender(virtualisation) or macrium reflect free (backup programm)? Just want to test a program> install it, test it and if its trash >use backup. With ssd the backup deployment is less than 2mins on smaller changes (atleast paid version)
Shadow defender only works for programs that require no! reboot for installation
But depends on your use of software ofcourse. My use is pretty static so when i install new software (after some testing) it's there to stay 90% of the time. So uninstalling is not really my concern.

Last edited:

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Just buy one license. You get updates for 1 year. When the license expires you can still use the product, you just won't get updates. That's a decent deal. That being said I'm still using Revo Uninstaller Pro 3.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
FWIW, BDJ has Revo v4 discounted today...
1 Computer / 1 Year v4 ($9.98)
1 Computer / 2 Years v4 ($15.98)
2 Computers / 1 Year v4 ($13.98)
2 Computers / 2 Years v4 ($19.98)
3 Computers / 1 Year v4 ($15.98)
3 Computers / 2 Years v4 ($23.98)
4 Computers / 1 Year v4 ($19.98)
4 Computers / 2 Years v4 ($31.98)
5 Computers / 1 Year v4 ($23.98)
5 Computers / 2 Years v4 ($39.96

Reactions: given

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Apart from potential bug fixes, are there any major benefits to upgrading to v4?
I don't see much of interest...
  • New Module – Windows Apps Manager to uninstall Windows Apps - I can do this myself
  • New Module – Browser Extensions to remove popular Browsers’ extensions - I can do this myself
  • Possibility to continue the uninstall of a program if it had been interrupted by a computer restart - this is nice, but not worth the upgrade.
... and there are some unspecified "under the hood" improvements... probably bug fixes. OTOH, Win XP is no longer supported.

Reactions: given and ng4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.