BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
lhIjR.jpg

nProtect Anti-Virus/Spyware 3.0 uses a dual engine (nProtect developed engine Tachyon + BitDefender engine) and a real-time component to protect your system various types of malware including viruses, trojans, spyware, worms, keyloggers and rootkits and other known threats to the user.

nProtect allows you to enable or disable the real-time scan, adjust the real-time scan level, perform custom scans, and view product information. nProtect also allows modification of startup entries and Internet Explorer preferences. Users can also encrypt/decrypt important files and permanently delete a file so that restoration is not possible.

In addition, the program a personal firewall, HIPS, and basic maintenance tools, such as a disk optimizer and registry cleaner. The nProtect firewall is highly configurable so you can easily create security policies to suit your individual needs.

4pI59.jpg

nProtect Anti-Virus/Spyware 4.0S protects your PC securely from virus, spyware, worm and other malicious threats. Simple Metro user interface allows you to use various function easily.

nProtect Anti-Virus/Spyware 4.0S main features in detail:

APT Block

• 'APT' stands for 'Advanced Persistent Threat'. APT is much worse and malicious threat because it sets the target and sneak into the target under the long-term plan. AVS 4.0S successfully detects and blocks APT. All you need to do is simply 'ON' the APT block function.
MBR Protection

• MBR stands for 'Master Boot Record'. MBR holds the information regarding PC booting and for this reason, if the MBR is damaged, your PC might not boot up at the very first stage. AVS 4.0S proactively protects MBR sector and guarantee your PC safety.
Cloud Scan

• Most of anti-virus software has virus signature pattern, only on the local server. AVS 4.0S surely has virus signature patterns on the local server too. In addition to local server, AVS 4.0S also has virus signature patterns on the cloud server as well. By the cloud scan, you will be provided the best and faster security.
Multi Scan

• There are various scan function such as Basic Scan, Detail Scan, Selected Folder Scan and so on. AVS 4.0S can perform multi-scan simultaneously. You can scan basic part of your PC and at the same time scan important or suspicious certain folder. With AVS 4.0, customize your scan target freely.
Heuristic

• AVS 4.0S has a large number of malware pattern more than other anti-virus software. However, it’s not possible to have all the virus pattern because new viruses are created every second around the world. This is why Heuristic method is essential. Heuristic engine enables to detect unknown viruses effectively. There is no security hole with heuristic method detection.
Download: nProtect Anti-Virus/Spyware 4.0 | 26.1 MB (Freeware)
Download: nProtect Anti-Virus/Spyware 3.0 | 391 KB (Shareware)
Link: nProtect 3.0 Home Page | nProtect 4.0 Home Page | INCA @ Wikipedia

D

Deleted member 2913

Why 2 versions from the company?
Whats the difference between version 3 & 4?

S

Sr. Normal

Hi
I 'm testing and has a very clean UI, it is easy to configure. What I did not like, and also i do not understand, is how slow it is to scan .
I mean, let's see, I download this sample http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/8yAhYVQN/file.html a file of 553 kb . It took more than three minutes to scan it!

upload_2015-2-16_17-24-40.png

upload_2015-2-16_17-25-6.png

The computer has taken me a little longer to boot than the Privatefirewall + Avira free combination .
I'll keep trying for today , but I think this AV has little future on my computer,
since detection is also being lower

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
The differences between v3 and v4.

• This is a paid product, but can be used as a lite free version which does not remove any threats found, but otherwise is fully functional.
  • Extremely light.
  • Includes a firewall.
  • Is highy configurable.

4.0S
  • Completely free.
  • Heavier that v3.
  • No firewall.
  • A lot less configurable than v3.
  • Slow scan times.
  • Buggy.

At the moment, version 3 is a better product due to the bugs in version 4, and is also noticably lighter. Despite being an old product, it still receives program updates, and was updated a month ago, and receives the same definition updates as v4.

Both versions can be configured to not to automatically quarantine threats. Also it is easy to ignore found threats with both versions. In v3 you can do so from the logs screen, whereas in v4 there is an option on the popup warnning when a threat is found to ignore it.

I am really liking v3 due to it being very light - even when doing scans, being able to prompt for action when a threat is found, and being easily able to add files to the whitelist.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
What about this one? using Bitdefender technology,...guess it's a good product since they have Enterprise- grade products.
do we have Korean here?:p
premium features:

Behavior Detection
advence.png

Detect new/varietal malware which difficult to detect with existing anti-virus engine,
and prevent from APT attack and potential threats.
MBR Protection
advence.png

Protection for the MBR and volume area where storing the booting information, to block malicious files destroying a hard disk by MBR modulation and DDoS attacks.

Bock ransomware
advence.png

Detect file encryption and vandalism to block unknown ransomware, and protect important files in your computer.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I actually did this on my real system and I will do a full test in a vm soon that will be my first review
Oh no, be careful mate! Even if you don't run a malware sample, scanning it may enable it as a whole or partially. There are many ways in which malware can affect your system even without you running it.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
The differences between v3 and v4.

• This is a paid product, but can be used as a lite free version which does not remove any threats found, but otherwise is fully functional.
  • Extremely light.
  • Includes a firewall.
  • Is highy configurable.

4.0S
  • Completely free.
  • Heavier that v3.
  • No firewall.
  • A lot less configurable than v3.
  • Slow scan times.
  • Buggy.

At the moment, version 3 is a better product due to the bugs in version 4, and is also noticably lighter. Despite being an old product, it still receives program updates, and was updated a month ago, and receives the same definition updates as v4.

Both versions can be configured to not to automatically quarantine threats. Also it is easy to ignore found threats with both versions. In v3 you can do so from the logs screen, whereas in v4 there is an option on the popup warnning when a threat is found to ignore it.cording to this page

I am really liking v3 due to it being very light - even when doing scans, being able to prompt for action when a threat is found, and being easily able to add files to the whitelist.
According to this page the free version 4 lacks of important features like firewall, BB, MBR protection and ransomware protection

nProtect Anti-Virus/Spyware V4.0

Many screenshots for v3/4 can be seen here.

nProtect Anti-Virus/Spyware 3.0/4.0S

and video here

nProtect v4 was tested here.....just scroll down

Virus Bulletin :: VB100 Comparative Review on Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Someone wanted to test this product for me but I see he got ban :D
nProtect.com
Can someone pls test both of them?
Just installed the AVS v4.0 free and works well with Immunet, ZAL, HMPA and SuperAntiSpyware

One nice thing is that it auto scans when a USB device is inserted (y)

Not sure of the NOS. Looks like it may have some overlap features with AVS 4.0 paid version like the malware monitoring and network protection features

If I'll to get the paid AVS 4.0 and NOS I'll need to get rid of HMPA and ZAL......hmmmmmm....can consider as HMPA and ZAL licenses expiring next month. Also, can get rid of MCShield and USB Disk Security for auto-scanning of USB devices

One thing I noticed it has no protection against PUP/PUA, arp protection/spoofing etc

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Someone wanted to test this product for me but I see he got ban :D
nProtect.com
Can someone pls test both of them?
To answer your question straight

They are independent programs. For normal net surfing the AVS 4.0 will operate. When dealing with financial transactions the NOS will come in

It's just like the Internet Security Suites which have those features incorporated into a single program. But in this case for AVS 4.0 and NOS they are separate programs.

The tech support says there seems to have no conflict to have both but they cannot operate together. Don't understand what that Korean is trying to say. :rolleyes:

Note:- I think the features in NOS will NOT protect a user when he surfs the net normally i.e. not visiting financial websites. If that's the case then having an Internet Security Suite with those combined features is better

Will have to add MBAE and Ghostpress anti-keylogger since there's no HMPA and ZAL

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.