Slyguy

Level 43
Verified
What I find interesting is the growing tentacles of the survillence state in all affairs dealing with American Corporations and the Public.

For example SAS Institute, one of, if not the leading data mining, analytics and business metric firms has largely been infiltrated by the NSA. Can you imagine the data they have access to via these firms? Also the fact they can effectively bypass the rubber stamp of FISA and National Security Letters and gather as much intelligence as needed. I find it remarkable these people actually brag about this, like it's a badge of honor not realizing that in these times, people are paying close attention links to the surveillance state.

SAS Institute - Wikipedia
SAS develops and markets a suite of analytics software (also called SAS), which helps access, manage, analyze and report on data to aid in decision-making. The company is the world's largest privately held software business[2] and its software is used by most of the Fortune 500.

“I like to hire really strong people and let them do their thing” | Outlook Business
For cyber security, which we have been working on for two-and-a-half years, we hired an ex-NSA employee who really understood it. He in turn hired some others that were very good. We set him off using our administering processing engine to capture all the transactions that occur inside the data centre, as that can be billions a day.

(Of course he hired others, all of his co-workers from intelligence.. Setting them loose to do what they want is a brilliant idea, right?)