Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
This one caught my eye the other day , on hackernews

NSA joined the open source community ?
NSA OSS Technologies

I really don't know what to make of this ..... in one sense , it's hard to take seriously ...
I wonder if they will include source code for some of those in-house hacker tools ?

I hear that EternalBlue & DoublePulsar are hot topics right now , just as examples :)

More to read here
NSA joins GitHub to participate in 'open source' movement - Open Source For You

Does this strike any other members here as odd ?

NSA joined the open source community ?
NSA OSS Technologies

A year ago.

I really don't know what to make of this ..... in one sense , it's hard to take seriously ...

The NSA is serious about it.

I wonder if they will include source code for some of those in-house hacker tools ?

It is a Technology Transfer program that has existed for years.

The NSA is not simply a band of hackers. It includes a wide range of professionals from actuaries to IT professionals to mathematicians. Sometimes the useful things they produce is released to the public via their Transfer Technology Program.

The NSA release source code of (current) in-house hacker tools ? Hmmm... let me see... NO.

It's their mandate to deny, deny, deny...

Does this strike any other members here as odd ?

No. It is not odd. It is part of the NSA Technology Transfer Program as well as a recruitment tool.

Other government agencies have Technology Transfer Programs. So it is not unusual.

However, there are those who say that every line of code released via the NSA GitHub is actually surveillance software. For those people the NSA has a clandestine program that ensures that all local grocery and convenience stores sell conspiracy theory grade Reynold's Wrap and Diamond Foil. It's for tinfoil hats - which are known to ward-off the NSA like garlic does with vampires.

Last edited by a moderator:

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Hahaha! Yeah, yeah yeah. Just a 1 case more of crap! They trust that who want i don't. Period! The world is totally fueled by Corruption every area.
enWT2Ux.png

Sorry if i again offend someone, do not take too seriously, but just pick it up :oops:

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
The Secure Host Baseline is pretty good actually. I wouldn't just install it, but it definitely makes Windows more secure than the standard configuration.

Reactions: Vasudev

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Destroy all privacy inside rather than on outside. Clean/rip everything from inside out!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.