Video Player:
MPC-BE 1.3.0.3

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Correction: If you didn't install the Antivirus, then you would be using Comodo Firewall and not CIS.

I have found Panda URL Filter to be effective, and since I'm no fan of alternate DNS services, I can't comment on them.

You may want to try WOT for Firefox. Overall your config looks good.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
So if your not running CAV then you are no longer using CIS. So your real time is only Comodo Firewall with D+. Why not use CIS to its full potential?

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Hi Guys.
I have edited my config now.
The installation of CIS was the custom installation without AV and GeekBuddy ;)
Awaiting CIS 6 sometime next year and will give AV another try.
Considering a freebie AV solution as suggested.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Earth said:
I have found Panda URL Filter to be effective, and since I'm no fan of alternate DNS services, I can't comment on them.

You may want to try WOT for Firefox. Overall your config looks good.

Cheers,
Panda filter is exceptional. prefer this over Traffic Light which slowed down browsing a touch.
May give WOT a whirl sometime (But use SSL Scroogle as search engine and careful what i click )
Thankyou

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
There is no point in install CIS if your not going to use CAV. Comodo offers each component separately. So then you should uninstall CIS and install Comodo firewall with your choice of a free av to avoid any conflicts. Installing suites and then disabling certain features is never a good practice to get into.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Maximus said:
There is no point in install CIS if your not going to use CAV. Comodo offers each component separately. So then you should uninstall CIS and install Comodo firewall with your choice of a free av to avoid any conflicts. Installing suites and then disabling certain features is never a good practice to get into.
The antivirus component was never installed (please read post previous) as i made a custom install.
I am considering a freebie AV to run along side.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
I understand it was never installed but its good practice.This is why Comodo offers Comodo stand alone firewall. The av is still in the package. Just advice to avoid conflicts.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Maximus said:
I understand it was never installed but its good practice.This is why Comodo offers Comodo stand alone firewall. The av is still in the package. Just advice to avoid conflicts.

Thanks for your advice, I was advised that the latest installers were packed this way to avoid such conflicts.
Maybe I'll PM egemen at Comodo to be sure.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Egemen is a good guy and your probably all set. But if that was the case then Comodo should take the separate installers off there site and everyone can just download CIS. To each his own so its your choice. If I wasn't needing an entire suite then I wouldn't download it in the first place. Have a good day.

ranget

Dec 8, 2011
if i were you i will Add Avast
Really good Free antivirus

with other suggestion from the other Members

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Updated config considerably, now resembles Fort Knox :)
Added avast Free / Sandboxie / BDTL / EMET 2.1 / Keyscrambler Personal and main browser Comodo Dragon 16.1
Still puny lightweight memory config and extremely resistant.
Thanks to all for suggestions, you have all been a mine of info :)

Waiting on Comodo Internet Security 5.9 (due any day) until i test anything else.
May run with this when released for a while.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Question why have sandboxie when you have the inbuilt one in Avast?

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
McLovin said:
Question why have sandboxie when you have the inbuilt one in Avast?
#1, Avast sandbox is still in baby stage.:D

#2, The sandboxes work differently as the Avast sandbox (free version) will automatically sandbox files and programs that are classified by Avast as unknown/suspicious. Using SBIE (free version) you can choose to run sandboxed any application that you want. This is something that you can not do with the Avast sandbox.

#3,On the paid versions, you can choose what to run sandboxed with Avast but as far as I know, files can not be saved out of the sandbox. That is a killer if you want to use a sandbox.

Anybody using SBIE and Avast, should disable the Avast sandbox in my opinion, to avoid probable conflicts.

Bo

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
@ Mclovin, what my spokesman said :)
avast!'s is definetly in it's infancy, feel more secure using Sandboxie.
Don't forget the sandbox is enabled in Comodo also for any stray rogues.

D

Deleted member 178

Sandboxie'sandbox is based on full virtualization unlike CIS which is based on policies. they work differently so it is why they dont conflict each other. (this will change when CIS v6 sandbox will come with full vurtualization too)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.