Firefox and Google Chrome with HitmanPro.Alert and WOT
Maintenance tools
CCleaner and Glary Utilities 5

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
This is my updated security configuration for my pc, that was MIA in July of last years security configuration.Caution:This security configuration is meant for people who have good malware prevention and removal skills and not for the faith of heart to try.

Last edited:
R

Rod McCarthy

Hey NSM... Why did you choose Gdata IS.... Nothing wrong, just wondering... I mean out of all your videos, it appears you've tested them all, why did you choose that one?

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Hey NSM... Why did you choose Gdata IS.... Nothing wrong, just wondering... I mean out of all your videos, it appears you've tested them all, why did you choose that one?
Back in 2010 when languy or whatever his username was testing the 2011 version and its Behavior Blocker made a fake AV be naked.

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
You should enable UAC and login password.
The password was disabled by default, when the person who built this pc was installing Windows 7 and the UAC was replaced by 360 Security Center HIPs,which its much smarter then UAC.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

UAC run at kernel level , by disabling it you disable Windows' File & Registry Virtualization. UAC should never been disabled even you have the strongest HIPS in the world.

What you mean by password is "disabled by default" ; it is refered as "Password-Protected User Account"; you can change it to "yes" if you have a password.

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
UAC run at kernel level , by disabling it you disable Windows' File & Registry Virtualization. UAC should never been disabled even you have the strongest HIPS in the world.

What you mean by password is "disabled by default" ; it is refered as "Password-Protected User Account"; you can change it to "yes" if you have a password.
The guy who was installing it he didn't put a password in the installer and UAC in Windows 7 is not like the one from Windows 10 so i had to use a 3rd party HIPs for that and anyway , im careful of programs i install after all i know how to prevent and destroy malware.

Last edited:

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013

Also i believe with Windows 7 Pro that a password was not required to it and that's why he didn't put it in.

Last edited:

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Btw people the PC is not risk because i watch the activity's on my pc very well and made backups outside the hard drive. i understand Umbras opinion here but with the years of knowing how to deal malware has made know whats best way to protect my pc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Btw people the PC is not risk because i watch the activity's on my pc very well and made backups outside the hard drive. i understand Umbras opinion here but with the years of knowing how to deal malware has made know whats best way to protect my pc.

Of course, i just pinpointed the elements i deemed "unsafe" in general. Now if the user can handle those risks , it is good; but it doesn't meant others would.

UAC in Win7 is not much different than in Win10; on Win10 it is less intrusive.

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Of course, i just pinpointed the elements i deemed "unsafe" in general. Now if the user can handle those risks , it is good; but it doesn't meant others would.

UAC in Win7 is not much different than in Win10; on Win10 it is less intrusive.
This security configuration is meant for people who have good malware prevention and removal skills and not for the faith of heart.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
As always lite and strong config with GData.
I want to make a suggestion.
Change AdBlock Plus with Adguard or Ublock or Ublock Origin.
I am saying this because just a few days i test them all and i noticed that ADP was using 150-200 MB of RAM.
Ublock was using about 30-40 MB but it's no longer developed.
I am using Adguard in my browser because it's using less RAM than Ublock Origin
and because it's not so aggressive as Ublock Origin.

Reactions: frogboy and Alkajak
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

With every HIPS program in the world on your PC it doesn't mean certain malware can't bypass them all. UAC is necessary even for expert users, a login password is also needed.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Fine configuration but wait? You don't need Qihoo 360 considering its to overlapping. Both have multi engines so go to your favorite one. Meanwhile I respect that your system is not risk, its just a standard procedure to remind since the criteria revised.

Daario

Jan 13, 2016
UAC is an important part of the Windows security model, you really shouldn't disable it. The impact is quite big.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
As always lite and strong config with GData.
I want to make a suggestion.
Change AdBlock Plus with Adguard or Ublock or Ublock Origin.
I am saying this because just a few days i test them all and i noticed that ADP was using 150-200 MB of RAM.
Ublock was using about 30-40 MB but it's no longer developed.
I am using Adguard in my browser because it's using less RAM than Ublock Origin
and because it's not so aggressive as Ublock Origin.
The guy who built the pc install that program for me.

Reactions: tonibalas

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Fine configuration but wait? You don't need Qihoo 360 considering its to overlapping. Both have multi engines so go to your favorite one. Meanwhile I respect that your system is not risk, its just a standard procedure to remind since the criteria revised.
Qihoo 360 was used for the sandbox and the three av engines due to gdata program update at the time cause my CPU to go nuts.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.