Number of Fake Antivirus Attacks Has Decreased Considerably, Researchers Say

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
Like i said, i'll agree to disagree :) Although some interesting info among those 1.5 billion links you posted ;) lol

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Good to see about dramatically decreased of Fake Antivirus produced however some nasty AV could appear any time.

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
As it usually does James :)

What do you think the next nasty virus released could be?

GabiCRX

Level 8
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
I think the fake av creators are having a lack of imagination, and they are doing a brainstorming !:D

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
GabiCRX said:
I think the fake av creators are having a lack of imagination, and they are doing a brainstorming !:D

Haha, that could potentionally be a reason! :D

I am still curious as to find peoples suggestions to what the next virus could bring and there methodologys behind why the Attacks have gone down! :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For a meantime not sure what would be something new as those malware writers just produced and produced with same type of symptoms.

E

Exorcizm

Thread author
jamescv7 said:
For a meantime not sure what would be something new as those malware writers just produced and produced with same type of symptoms.

That's what i was thinking too :D i just didn't say anything because i didn't want another war with Umbra just incase ;)

So yeah, i think we could definately see just another way of hackers/virus writers prying there way into our systems.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.