Nvidia Ampere Flagship GPU Reportedly Features Up to 24GB GDDR6X and 350W TDP

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
My mainboard would burst in to flames & my CPU sizzle, my PSU might hold out :):)
Install the expansion slot on the graphic board and connect the mother card.😆
I wonder if a RTX 3090 can fit my mini-ITX pc case.
There are many cases that do not fit in the pc case. It seems that it may be necessary to devise such as cutting off some parts.

Cheeseman

Level 1
Jun 10, 2020
These specs are used only by a Titan card. Will the Rtx 3090 make the current-gen (and by extension past-gen) Titans useless (I don't know a better word for this)?
Granted, this card is to me at keast useless, since for serius work, a quaddro is the best, for gaming a X80/X70/X60/X50 (where X represents the generation, i.e. 7th, 8th, 10th, 20th,etc...) Normal/Super/Titan are the best (Nvidia-only).

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
An expensive graphics card can be a ticket for a large investment in your pc environment. Please be careful. High performance has the charm of demons.👻

That's true for CPUs as well... just ask the people who buy I9s to browse Facebook...

The fact is that the current generation of GPUs will be able to run most games in a reasonable resolution and quality for quite some time until game makers start to actually use hardware ray tracing in the games.

It's also a fact some people will fell despair if any game is running bellow 120fps at maximum ultra quality, 8k, even if they don't have an 8k monitor.

We same behavior right here where people will have the most esoteric software combination for protection, running, sometime 5 or more specialized, and sometimes expensive, protection software when most often the best way to protect yourself is to keep it simple.

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
For those like me wondering if 3xxx is all that. Well, it seems that it is, at least in comparison to the 2xxx Turing line and in some games. I still want to see benchmarks, though, when these actually do come out but this is pretty convincing nonetheless.

Edit: OK, it's "on" again for the 3070. I was a little unsure about the power draw of the 3070 and whether my 650 watt psu could handle it. Turns out it's OK. Cool! All this talk about the 3090, I was starting to blur the lines between that and the others, assuming that all the Amperes would be power-hungry brutes.

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I play although I'm not a fanatic. I don't notice the difference of anything above 60fps anyway. My notebook can play mostly anything I throw at it. The most demanding games on my computer right now are Rebel Galaxies that was released 5 years ago and Pathfinder Kingmaker, not really demanding.

Last edited:

WhiteMouse

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2017
I play although I'm not a fanatic. I don't notice the difference of anything above 60fps anyway. My notebook can play mostly anything I throw at it. The most demanding games on my computer right now are Rebel Galaxies that was released 5 years ago and Pathfinder Kingmaker, not really demanding.

Gaming at 120, 144 or 240 Hz can make a significant difference if you want to be competitive. Trust me, I'm bronze.

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
Could they have used RTX 3090s disguised as Tesla P40s in GeForce Now all along?

Attachments

• geforcenow.jpg
    geforcenow.jpg
    695.6 KB · Views: 144
  • Wow
Reactions: show-Zi and plat

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Edit: OK, it's "on" again for the 3070. I was a little unsure about the power draw of the 3070 and whether my 650 watt psu could handle it. Turns out it's OK. Cool! All this talk about the 3090, I was starting to blur the lines between that and the others, assuming that all the Amperes would be power-hungry brutes.

i have the same issue....i7-9700k with a Corsair 650 W power supply. I wanna buy the 3080.
The power supply calculator shows this result for my system, so i don't have much reserve for the future.
I will upgrade to 750 or 850W power supply ( 750 W recommendation of nvidia)

pc.png

• Applause
Reactions: plat and show-Zi

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018

1599783791410.png

I pasted and expanded the picture of the 3090 from the article into this post.

Hmmm, well beauty is in the eye of the beholder but what say you all? Another fan is underneath. This is a FAT one, that's for sure. Not interested in this gpu but I expected a different look once installed in a box.

I prefer the sleeker black 3070 and am waiting for the Super version. This looks more metallic, right? Not my style but surely, it outperforms just about everything. Will be 1500 USD, they say.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
..i7-9700k with a Corsair 650 W power supply. I wanna buy the 3080.

I don't know what gpu you have now but if it's the higher end rtx 2xxx, are you pleased that you got your money's worth? I was briefly considering the 2080 Super Founders card (very briefly) after seeing it on sale for 699 USD. Now I'm weak with relief that I didn't get it after some projected performance measures viz 3070 plus it would be considerably cheaper. Nice if it actually retails for 499 USD but I doubt it, here in New York City. Prob 599 USD.

I think NVIDIA's site will be bombarded when the 3070 arrives. I am on the waiting list but may hold out for the Super version. I'm concerned supply will not hold up with demand, even for the 3090.

With a 3080 and your 9700k, you will have a force to be reckoned with. :)

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
lmao that size. You can't tell me that the screws are enough to hold that weight. It will eventually break off unless there is some support or the slot is made of titanium. The additional power connectors scream "we ran out of space guys sorry".

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.