NVIDIA and Mercedes partner to create a next-gen car computer

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
During a joint press conference held Wednesday, NVIDIA and Mercedes Benz announced that they are teaming up to develop a “revolutionary in-vehicle computing system” for the automakers next generation of luxury automobiles in 2024.

Touted as “the most sophisticated and advanced computing architecture ever deployed in an automobile,” per an NVIDIA press release, this new software system will enable Level 2 and 3 driving autonomy — that’s on par and exceeding the current abilities of Tesla’s Autopilot, respectively — and Level 4 parking autonomy. That means that the vehicle will be able to, by and large, fit itself into parking stalls without any help from the human driver. There will still need to be a human on hand in case things go catastrophically sideways, but under normal conditions, there won’t be much call for them to intercede.

• Wow
Reactions: plat and upnorth

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
This may be silly but I sincerely hope the Mercedes connection doesn't add extra costs to the graphics cards, they're already so expensive, the good ones. I'm concerned about the upcoming 3000 line also, how much are these going to cost?

"Mercedes" = snob appeal. Wasn't Chevrolet good enough for ya? Hope NVIDIA doesn't get all "boutique" on us--the great unwashed.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
This may be silly but I sincerely hope the Mercedes connection doesn't add extra costs to the graphics cards, they're already so expensive, the good ones. I'm concerned about the upcoming 3000 line also, how much are these going to cost?

"Mercedes" = snob appeal. Wasn't Chevrolet good enough for ya? Hope NVIDIA doesn't get all "boutique" on us--the great unwashed.
See for yourself.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
the nav / radio display screen on my wife's 2018 low mileage MB went dead yesterday. Luckily we did not crash.

Reactions: Vitali Ortzi

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Google: It's not just about Chrome anymore
Microsoft: It's not just about Windows anymore
NVIDIA: It's not just about graphics cards anymore

But don't you all forget where you started out. Meh, too late.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.