Troubleshoot Nvidia displaying thin black borders around my screen in desktop mode

Ulikedat

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 20, 2014
I've been rocking an apu for about a year now playing Ghosts but now i've finally threated myself with something a bit more fancy. I installed the 750 Ti, however upon succesfull software installation i have a thin black border around the sides. I had that same problem too with the apu but was easily fixed with the underscan function in the AMD panel but so far i can't seem to fix this with the Nvidia panel. If anyone can help me out i'll most definetly buy you a beer of your flavour :p

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hey @Ulikedat,
Did you try this method:

1. Right-click an empty area of the desktop, and then click NVIDIA Control Panel .

c02284539.gif
  2. In the View Selection window that opens, select Advanced Settings , and then click OK . The NVIDIA Control Panel opens.
  3. In Selecting a Task on the left, under Video & Television , click Resize HDTV desktop . A window opens.

c01814651.gif
  4. Ensure that Do not resize my desktop is selected. If necessary, click this option to select it.
  5. Click Apply , and then click Yes to keep the change.
    This completes the steps to disable under-scan.

Upvote 0

Ulikedat

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 20, 2014
I actually googled the same thing before i posted but here's the kicker: See those last 3 options under video & television, those are actually missing on my end!

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Should have thought that the screens of that guide were out of date.
Can you please try the settings under "Display", then click on "Adjust desktop size and position", then click on "Size" tab... The settings should be there.

2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ulikedat

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 20, 2014
Unfortunetly even that is different one my end, maybe i should try an older driver ..... I'm using the latest beta one. Wich one you running?

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.