Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Just in time for Battlefield Hardline
Electronics Arts' highly anticipated Battlefield Hardline game released to PC (and consoles) yesterday, and with it Nvidia has a new WHQL driver release, version 347.88, that it says will ensure you'll have the best possible gaming experience in EA's latest title. The new driver also comes right as Nvidia officially releases its newest flagship graphics card, the GeForce Titan X (check out our review of the Titan X here).

The driver adds support for the mighty Titan X, which is based on the second-generation Maxwell architecture, and also adds or updates a handful of SLI profiles. They include:
  • Life is Strange - Added DX9 SLI
  • Medieval Engineers - Added DX11 SLI
  • NASCAR '14 -- Added single SLI
  • Trine 3 - Added DX9 SLI
  • Zombie Army Trilogy - Added DX11 SLI
Though the newest driver is recommended for Battlefield Hardline, Nvidia doesn't recommend running 3D Vision for the game (the same goes for Project CARS and Saint's Row: Gat Out of Hell).

Also included in the driver is Dynamic Range control, which lets you use the full RGB color range for applications on HD displays. You'll find the option by going to Nvidia Control Panel > Display > Adjust Desktop Color Settings.

You can download the latest driver here.
Source

Release Notes [PDF] for Windows 8.1/ 8/ 7/ Vista

Release Notes [PDF] for Windows XP

Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 347.88 Desktop for Windows 8.1/ 8/ 7/ Vista 32-bit

Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 347.88 Desktop for Windows 8.1/ 8/ 7/ Vista 64-bit

Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 347.88 Notebook for Windows 8.1/ 8/ 7/ Vista 32-bit

Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 347.88 Notebook for Windows 8.1/ 8/ 7/ Vista 64-bit

Download nVIDIA GeForce Driver 347.88 for Windows XP 32-bit

Download nVIDIA GeForce Driver 347.88 for Windows XP 64-bit

Reactions: MrXidus

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I installed the update on 17th March, but I am always wary because the internet is full of people with BSOD's and other terrible errors. I would never have another graphics card from them.

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
I installed the update on 17th March, but I am always wary because the internet is full of people with BSOD's and other terrible errors. I would never have another graphics card from them.
Really? I've been thinking of upgrading my notebook to a newer one... so stay away from NVidia aye?

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Really? I've been thinking of upgrading my notebook to a newer one... so stay away from NVidia aye?

You can read user feedback on the official NVIDIA forums.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...-driver-feedback-thread/post/4491764/#4491764

I've always kept up to date with the latest drivers and have yet to expierence a single BSOD in the years of NVIDIA use with multiple PCs.

Though I can see others aren't as lucky, the only real way you can find out if the drivers do you good (and bad) is to install them yourself.

Reactions: marzametal
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.