Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
NVIDIA has rolled out a new WHQL driver update specifically targeted at Windows 10 systems.

This particular update focuses on GameWorks VR headset, adding tweaks and bug fixes with the driver description stating:

“NVIDIA continues to work closely with VR headset and game developers to deliver amazing VR games and applications. This Game Ready driver includes the latest GameWorks VR tweaks, bug fixes, and optimizations to ensure you have the ultimate VR gaming experience.

In addition, support has been added for "GameWorks VR 1.1 including VR SLI support for OpenGL applications and support for the latest Oculus SDK."

Some Windows 10 users have not had the best experience relating to the display driver while upgrading to the new OS; however, many of these issues have now been addressed, so it's worth grabbing the update for your system.

You can grab either the 32- or 64-bit drivers at the links below.

Download: 32-bit (253 mb) or 64-bit (323 mb) 361.43 WHQL driver for Windows 10

Nvidia drivers and Windows 10 have been an adventure to say the least.This update is newsworthy as this update is promised to fix some of the issues plaguing Windows 10 and past drivers

Reactions: XhenEd and Infamous

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
Sorry if this is off-topic, but I have been using Wagnard's DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) for years now to do actual 'clean' installs of the Nvidia drivers each and every update and life has been much happier. Great especially if a new release screws up and you want to cleanly go back to the previous driver. Much more thorough than picking 'clean' install from the nvidia installer tool, and safer than letting than letting some generalized registry cleaner at your registry.

It was the goto solution for the many people who could not get Fallout 4 running on release day. It won't work in every single case, of course, but nothing is guaranteed.

If you want to check it out (it's free and highly regarded by gamers) he posts new builds in his forum at: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) Download & Support - Wagnardmobile Forum

You'll also find it on various download sites but I get mine direct from his forum for safety.

Here's his description of what DDU is and does:

"What is Display Driver Uninstaller?
Display Driver Uninstaller is a driver removal utility that can help you completely remove AMD/NVIDIA/Intel graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind (including registry keys, folders and files, and the driver store).

The AMD/NVIDIA/Intel video drivers can normally be uninstalled from the Windows Control panel, this driver uninstaller program was designed to be used in cases where the standard driver uninstall fails, or whenever you need to thoroughly delete Intel, nVidia or ATI/AMD video card drivers.

The current effect after you use this driver removal will be similar as if its the first time you install a new driver just like a fresh, clean install of Windows. As with any tool of this kind, we recommend creating a new system restore point before using it, so that you can revert your system at any time if you run into problems.
This tool acts similar to what other driver cleaner programs do + the extra mentioned above.
If you have problem installing older driver or newer one, give it a try as there are some reports that it fixes those problems.

It is important to do a system restore point before as with any tool like this one, it is better be on the safe side and have a backup."

source: What is DDU? - Wagnardmobile Forum

ddu%20logo3_4.png

A good case in point is a fresh Windows install which now installs an out of date and generalized Nvidia driver. I let all my updates finish, then I run DDU and it drops me to safe mode where it removes all trace of the installed driver, restarts and I am free and clear to cleanly install the newest driver with the options I choose (goodbye 3d stuff I don't use, goodbye Nvidia Experience)

I may screw everything else up, but I never have video driver issues =)

alternative download sites and reviews:

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.7.2.0
Download Display Driver Uninstaller - MajorGeeks

and 65 pages of support questions/release notes on the official geforce forums:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...new-cpu-core-analyzer-updated-12-21-2015-/65/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.