Nvidia's $329 RTX 3060; Launches February 25th

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
We already knew Nvidia was making a $329 RTX 3060 graphics card, and today, the company announced that it will make its most affordable GPU in the RTX 3000 series available at retailers beginning on February 25th. Retailers will open orders for the RTX 3060 starting at 9AM PT / 12PM ET. Nvidia tells The Verge it will not be creating a Founder’s Edition of the RTX 3060 graphics card.

Designed to succeed the aging GeForce GTX 1060 Pascal cards, the RTX 3060 features 12GB of GDDR6 memory. Like the other products featured in the RTX 3000 series, the RTX 3060 will also support DLSS and Nvidia’s suite of RTX applications.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
According to the article: since supply of the 3xxx series is so "lean" in Q1, NVIDIA is considering to bring back the rtx 2060 and gtx 1050ti.

Thanks ever so much, NVIDIA.

Well, people want place holders, I guess. Oh and I saw outrageous pricing on Amazon but more like double the msrp. The only ethical retailers in my area are Micro Center and Best Buy. And when supply starts coming in, I'm bracing for price hikes in the msrp (though that hasn't been reported yet. Only hikes by partners for like 80 USD or so.). Hope it stays where it is.

SomeRandomCat

Level 3
Well-known
Dec 23, 2020
My impression is that they are happy to instantly sell out and don't care about the fine details. Is it really that hard for them to produce more? Are the 'poachers' inflating the value by controlling the market? Do companies ultimately benefit from this?

L

Local Host

My impression is that they are happy to instantly sell out and don't care about the fine details. Is it really that hard for them to produce more? Are the 'poachers' inflating the value by controlling the market? Do companies ultimately benefit from this?
NVidia been pretty much a paper launch, I haven't seen a single 3000 Series card in stock since launch.

While AMD 6000 Series, I've seen multiple times in stock since launch and I even got a 6800 myself.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.