SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Much ssd optimise such wow. Any ssd that is bought within the last 5 years by a reputable brand will outlast it's usefulness before it dies by the ssd usage. No clue what people at O&O are smoking but i guess they need sales.
Don't listen to this propaganda and use your ssd as you wish and it will be fine. By the time it dies it will be time to replace it because the cost per gb would have gone so low that it's stupid not to.

Reactions: XhenEd

9724anon7537

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 12, 2018
Defragging SSDs is a no go regardless of what a reputable company says when trying to sell their latest products. It's fact that Defragging an SSD shortens it's life. With HDDs this is not the case. I've asked a couple of experts based on this too, they've said the same thing: Never defrag an SSD.

~LDogg

No it's not a fact otherwise Windows wouldn't defrag SSDs every 28 days

Yes Windows Defrag (yes defrag, not just TRIM) your ssd once a month, that's a fact.

The real and complete story - Does Windows defragment your SSD? - Scott Hanselman

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
No it's not a fact otherwise Windows wouldn't defrag SSDs every 28 days

Yes Windows Defrag (yes defrag, not just TRIM) your ssd once a month, that's a fact.

The real and complete story - Does Windows defragment your SSD? - Scott Hanselman
It is a fact you shouldn't defrag an SSD.it shortens it's life, I've had 3 cases last week alone where this happened. You never defrag an SSD. It's why I have a 1TB portable hard drive for anything I need to store on also making backups.

~LDogg

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014

9724anon7537

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 12, 2018
It is a fact you shouldn't defrag an SSD.it shortens it's life, I've had 3 cases last week alone where this happened. You never defrag an SSD. It's why I have a 1TB portable hard drive for anything I need to store on also making backups.

~LDogg

Well Windows does it automatically regardless if you think it kills SSDs or not.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.