OA still fight with sandboxie ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 6, 2012
I am downloaded OA latest 7.0.0.1866 Final version 3 days before and tried with sandboxie 4.05 v12 beta not working in c:\sandbox folders it shows all window files in sandbox folders name while i exclude c:\sandbox and c:\programmefile\sandboxie but no luck and now this

This is old problem that OA mesh with sandboxie but as new version changlog shows some improvment but for me its not but some how now its working after mesh with sandboxie face :D
I am using now latest sandboxie beta 4.07.01 to change sandboxie GUI but question still remain are any improvment done in new version ? or you have to reboot 2-3 times and doing some workaround with both ?(if you faces any problem with both)

I have no antivirus

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Traditional security software does not like Sandboxie because it is a threat to their very existence. AV's are for novices, imho.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 6, 2012
"Traditional security software does not like Sandboxie because it is a threat to their very existence."
yes i agree at least for their home products ,AV vendors are show interest to sandboxing like webroot,comodo,Avast ...introduces sandbox in their products.But if you are going alone with sandboxie than really its a threat to their existence.Most people don't know about sandboxie Eg when i install sandboxie in my one friend computer he looks like me suspiciously and saying What is this ? than i show him how it works via spyshelter test file while advanced browser like google chrome(builtin sandbox) doesn't need sandboxie.But i want to say if big security vendor will comes to enhance and improve sandboxie like application than it is sure software like sandboxie capture the market it is difficult to home users to understand sandboxie fully as it is not traditionly used wordwide.But i hope if vendor shows their interest than it is the future.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Hi Malwarevirus, dont be shy and report your issue between Sandboxie and Online Armor in the Problem reports sub forum at the Sandboxie forum.

http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=ac63ff5f15839c07ff30d6adde29b3f9

There are people there that use both programs and no one is reporting any issue between the two programs. I know a couple of guys there that will probably give you some clues right away on how to get both programs working well together.

I know in the past there were issues between Sandboxie and OA features: web shield and Run safer but those problems were worked around by disabling the features in OA. The issue you are describing here seems a little different.

Bo

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
Web Shield still doesn't work with Sandboxie but the only reason I can see for keeping it running is that Web Shield also protects BITS jobs (and for those times that your browser is run outside of Sandboxie's supervision).

I have not disabled any of OA's features nor excluded Sandboxie within OA. Others have taken an alternative path. I suppose the best path is the one that works best for your system and needs.

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
Not sure I can help, bo...though I'd be happy to if I could. I think Pete (over at the Sandboxie forum and Wilder's) is probably a much more competent source of info.

I'm just one of those guys that flounders around until I find a solution or give up trying. LOL!

I do appreciate the vote of confidence though, my friend.

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
MalwareVIrus,
what exactly is that a screen shot of? Also why are you using sandboxie beta and not the current 4.06? Did you set the compatibility for OA in sandboxie?

D

Deleted member 178

a while ago i used OAP + SB 4.0.6, they were no issues; i excluded all SB processes in OA; maybe a localized bug for you

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I can't figure out why anyone who runs their software in Sandboxie would need Online Armor in the first place.

All you need is either Sandboxie or OA not both.

Thanks. :D

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 6, 2012
There are people there that use both programs and no one is reporting any issue between the two programs. I know a couple of guys there that will probably give you some clues right away on how to get both programs working well together.

I know in the past there were issues between Sandboxie and OA features: web shield and Run safer but those problems were worked around by disabling the features in OA. The issue you are describing here seems a little different.
yes i agree i am searching for the problem on google and there are only 2-3 links related to sandboxie site but problem are different on that topics.I restore 5-6 snapshot and every time find less or different problem.At the last the problem are i found is OA taking the time to understand the system due to i configure OA more manually unlike its default setting.In first install for fun i am choosing running Firefox underboth SB+Runsafer at that time i found it breaks the(in my langauge) virtual folder of C:\sandbox\username\Firefoxsandbox folder\user\desktopfolder
in desktop folder i am able to see even desktop shortkut of another app.
So different time different problem I checked the history tab in OA and that showing programme gaurd allow but after blocked.......and i have to Hard rest but one time it also mesh with one or two application too so i think due to i uncheck the option allow trusted and auto config trusted so now after 1-2 reboot it working without problem so i am thinking as umbra says it is totally local bug due to setting changes.:)

I have not disabled any of OA's features nor excluded Sandboxie within OA. Others have taken an alternative path. I suppose the best path is the one that works best for your system and needs.
Glad to know both working for you :)

what exactly is that a screen shot of? Also why are you using sandboxie beta and not the current 4.06? Did you set the compatibility for OA in sandboxie?
Actually i am taking it in second snapshot i don't know what happen at that time.For few days i am on beta vs 12 and today when i am going to sandboxie site i found curent one is beta 4.07.01 so i downloaded that.yes this is the on of the first thing SB offer you and i checked that in starting.:)
a while ago i used OAP + SB 4.0.6, they were no issues; i excluded all SB processes in OA; maybe a localized bug for you
I think yes after searching and seeing OA histroy for last one i am now pretty sure some time its happen due to i set the OA at max so some time pop ups come frequent and some time not a single one and some time both working flawlesly. :)

Now everything is fine.

Thanks to all to give your time to me and your valuable suggestion

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
Littlebits said:
I can't figure out why anyone who runs their software in Sandboxie would need Online Armor in the first place.

All you need is either Sandboxie or OA not both.

Thanks. :D

While I respect your opinion I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
MalwareVirus said:
In first install for fun i am choosing running Firefox underboth SB+Runsafer at that time i found it breaks the...

You should be able to use the Run safer option on OA with Sandboxie as long as you do not enable Drop Rights in Sandboxie. You should use either Drop Rights or Run safer, not both at the same time. That used to be the work around for that.

Bo

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 6, 2012
Sorry my electricity is gone in meantime :D
Thread update :)
@Littlebits
actually i am using it because i am using Sandboxie free with SD
I am using Sd whenever i have to open another app. while my browser is running under sandbox so i can run another application like pdf or external Usb drive while i open the usb drive folder in sandbox window folder manually.some app are in my system wants background update or monitering and as i am not using window firewall so thats why i am using FW with hips due to SB free version.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 6, 2012
"You should use either Drop Rights or Run safer, not both at the same time. That used to be the work around for that. "
yes good suggestion i forget that am not running it more than 6 months before once i tried it and at time(win xp3) am never giving time to understand the run safer, i am new at that time to security software field but since some days i am looking for it .And yes it will mesh with drop my right due to adm. preveledge is checked and run safer reduced the right now i got the concept :)
many many thanks for this help

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
bo...Tzuk has said at some point in the past that he had seen no evidence of any issues with run safer in OA and drop rights in Sandboxie being employed at the same time.

I can only speak for my experiments with XP and found no conflicts with using one, the other or both at the same time. As always, results may differ on different systems.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Thanks for letting me know. I didn't know that the old issue was fixed but I had thought that was so since no one has reported problems using OA and SBIE together in a long time. Anyway, you and Pete are the SBIE guys that know OA, that's why I suggested to MV (he is already a member at the SBIE forum) to go there and get advice from both of you.

Bo

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.