Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Google for Microsoft Digital licenses. I live in Netherlands and bought a digital 2016 Office Pro license (to replace Office 2007 Pro) from Canadian webstore (was in Canada at that time) for 47 CAN$. Downloaded when back from holiday, worked like a charme.

Garzaman

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2017
What office suite is the most compatible with MS Office files? Is it WPS or something else?

All of them work well in general, the problem can come when you have to move from one to another more specific functions. For example, when "translating" a table to excel, the one that gave me the best result was WPS, in the text I didn't have any major problems. Some margin is lost along the way, some bold, but little more.

I've seen how the most resembling Office to WPS, but in its free version, they have advertising.

I haven't tried SoftMarker version 2016 yet, I have downloaded it from the giveaway, but I haven't had time to "play" with it.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
I write marketing material for several companies. Although final content is formatted in DTP-software, concept text is often in plain word documents. I tried Libre Office and WPS2016 as replacement for old Office 2007 for a few months. My experience with WPS is that its compatibility in DOC format is better as with DOCX. This is strange because the DOCX is more according to open standards than propriety DOC. Because I found cheap online Office license, it was more efficient to buy Office 2016 than spending time on formatting checks. With WPS I had less problems than with Libre Office. Libre Office does not work well with company house style templates. WPS converts them better. With general text, Libre Office was better than WPS using DOCX format. So it depends on your situation what is best.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I've seen how the most resembling Office to WPS, but in its free version, they have advertising.
If you block it in the firewall, it does not show any ADs.

Besides WPS opens about 5 times faster than LO and it looks more polished. LO looks like Windows 95 software to me.

Attachments

• capture_02082018_130752.jpg
    capture_02082018_130752.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 443

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
Even though Office 2010 is relatively old, I would still choose it. Newer versions of Office haven't added any big or important feature. Microsoft Office is the suite that offers the best compatibility with DOC and DOCX, which most people use.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi h boys thanks I have both licences. I dont like libre office for some reazon it can not load adequatly on my machine is slow for me (I can run office 2010-2016 like a charm), but i recognize have interesting features. Respect softmaker i have a licence but i think they only feature are "is compatible" whith 2010 office. And what about spellchecking for me this is vital

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Have not used MSO 2010 in years, so cannot comment or compare with SoftMaker Office 2016.

Hi dear MalwareTips members i have a cuestion What do you think about that both softwares i know office 2010 was very old i want to compare vs softmaker 2016 and know what do you prefer. I am wirter.
Microsoft Office 2010 SP2 has Extended Support until 2020.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/lifecycle/search/13615

As a writer, you have a few spelling errors. No idea of your origin / native language, but your browser can help.
upload_2018-2-8_19-51-10.png

As seen in the screenshot above, your browser should have a built-in Dictionary and Spell Checker to provide aid. If you use a web-based (with offline capability), you can achieve similar results.

Firefox
How do I use the Firefox spell checker? | Firefox Help
Dictionaries and Language Packs – Add-ons for Firefox
Chrome
chrome://settings/?search=spell+check

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.