Fel Grossi

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Hi All,
We are pleased to announce availability of Comodo Official Uninstaller that can be used if you can not uninstall Comodo Internet Security, Comodo firewall or Comodo Antivirus from Add/Remove or Uninstall section of Windows.

For 64-Bit Operating Systems:
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/ciscleanuptool/ciscleanuptool_x64.exe
Size: 1.60 MB (1,688,256 bytes)
MD5: ac45fb246f2fef1a9da5971003afb625
SHA1: b5706204170cb2257914d407ee9640506d579a7c

For 32-Bit Operating Systems:
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/ciscleanuptool/ciscleanuptool_x86.exe
Size: 1.47 MB (1,543,360 bytes)
MD5: 4ad9e9a5411980dfe8e510194698c2b4
SHA1: 266304cc77ab7549340a0e2ed6f56e7065e99083

Few points:
1)
Before it continues un-installation, it tries to create system re-store point and in case it fails, it will inform user to create before continuing.

2)
It will typically ask for re-boot twice.

3)
If this tool still fails and you still think you have Comodo installed and can't re-install, we would like you to report bug in bug report section, providing following log files as input in post:

- You will find log in same folder from where uninstall tool was executed
- You need to find all logs from Windows temp folder (Windows Key + R and then type in %TEMP%) of following format:
cmdinstall.exe_*.log.7z
cmdinstall.exe_*.log
COMODO *_uninstall.log

A broken uninstallation situation typically happens when you end up re-starting system in between installation or update or somehow abort the installation or update. We hope this tool will help remove Comodo in those critical situations.

To mitigate these problems in future, in Dec-2017 CIS release:
- Before CIS installation, uninstallation and update, CIS will try to create system re-store point
- We will also be shipping these binaries together with Comodo installation in Dec-2017 release.

Thanks
-umesh
______________________________________________________-

Thanks!

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Even after usage of the old uninstaller bat tool there where still running services / drivers and what not left over. I am pretty sure this thing will have the same " qualities " comodo is like a plague when it comes to uninstalling , it is best to revert to a clean image when you get tired of using their products.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Actually, they have gotten much better at uninstall. Nowadays, when you do a standard uninstall for Comodo, it runs a script file at reboot, which cleans up the system pretty well. I could not find remnants. This uninstaller probably runs that vbs file with a few extra lines of code. Just guessing, I didn't try it.

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
just used it to remove comodo firewall as i kept getting BSOD and watchdog errors.
Somehow the latest version of CFW doesnt like windows 10 1709.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Good news. I had to format my system last time just to get rid of it. Even after uninstalling I was still getting the pop-ups of detection :S . Now I can surely remove it from rest of my systems :p

Reactions: Andytay70

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
just used it to remove comodo firewall as i kept getting BSOD and watchdog errors.
Somehow the latest version of CFW doesnt like windows 10 1709.
I also got BSODs. Were you in proactive config, with HIPS enabled? If so, just disable the advanced protection in HIPS, that worked for me.

Reactions: Andytay70

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
i have installed WFC and its saying comodo is on my system?
So much for the uninstaller comodo.

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
I also got BSODs. Were you in proactive config, with HIPS enabled? If so, just disable the advanced protection in HIPS, that worked for me.
I ran verifier and it was a comodo driver causing the issue.
I did have comodo set to proactive, I'll give your recommedations ago later.

Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.