Official Nokia Asha 501, New Asha platform, Hands-on Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
Nokia Asha 501 goes official, brings new Asha platform

The Nokia Asha 501 is made of only two parts to make it more durable and cheaper to manufacture. The back is removable to access the microSIM, the pre-installed 4GB microSD card (up to 32GB supported) and the battery.

The phone packs a 3" QVGA capacitive touchscreen on the front (133ppi), it supports two finger multitouch. On the back, there's 3.2MP fixed-focus camera.

The new Asha platform is a grandchild of the MeeGo OS. The phone wakes up with a double tap. It features two home screens - one is Fastlane, the other one is the app drawer.

Fastlane promises to show your present and your past. Present includes currently running apps (yes, multitasking, hell froze over), while Past shows messages and other notifications you’ve received.

5468456468.jpg

The Nokia Asha 501 focuses on 2G connectivity as large parts of emerging markets still rely on the slow mobile Internet. There are two apps to help with that - the Xpress browser compresses traffic and Xpress Now that recommends content based location, preferences and trending topics. Also, a partnership with Facebook and Airtel ensures people can access the social network for free, even without a data plan (this will be for a limited time only).

Source

romani

May 20, 2013
RE: Nokia Asha 501 goes official, brings new Asha platform

I like nokia asha mobile when will lanuch nokia 501 in pakistan

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

The advertisement for Nokia Asha is really on exposure last 2 months when I'm in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia before.

I have to say that most people could prefer without tighty budget.

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012

romani said:
I like nokia asha mobile when will lanuch nokia 501 in pakistan
2 days after it's official launch ;)

Imran

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 27, 2012
Nokia Asha 501 hands-on

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.