BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Official-Windows-8-1-Update-1-Download-Links-Revealed.jpg

Windows 8.1 Update 1 is now available for download, but Microsoft is yet to officially reveal the update, preferring instead to remain tight-lipped and let users get the pack using all sorts of tricks.

It turns out, however, that Redmond itself has published Update 1 on its servers and although the company hasn’t revealed the download links publicly, the guys over at MyDigitalLife forums have spotted them and published them online.

Since Microsoft is serving the downloads, these are most likely the official packages that are expected to be delivered to users in early April via Windows Update. Of course, you are strongly recommended to back up your existing Windows 8.1 installation and only then start downloading.

As you can see for yourselves, Microsoft has also debuted several prerequisites, which means that an existing Windows 8.1 installation needs to be prepared for the new update with the help of several patches. A fully up-to-date Windows 8.1 version is also required, so make sure you install all previous rollups and patches released by Microsoft in the last few months.

Update 1 seems to be available for both x86 and x64 devices, so you can download it no matter your system configuration, just check twice before getting any patch.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Playing with Windows 8.1.1 (or whatever it's name) right now
So far no problems :)

First things that bats an eye
  • boots directly to desktop
  • better arrangement of the apps
  • OneDrive
  • all metro apps has minimize and close buttons (special like ^^ )
    msyyck.jpg
  • Shutdown, User Account and Search button on Start
  • Right click menu when clicking on apps in Start
  • .... so far :)

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Just making sure! ;) I am going to download then....

[BoraMurdar] just protecting myself if anything goes wrong :D
Kidding, just note that this comes directly from MS servers but MS didn't yet release the updates, so... problems may occur.
  • Install updates by the order told on MyDigital Life Forums
  1. Two Preparation updates
  2. One main update (Windows 8.1 Update 1 )
  3. At last, three Supplement Packages
  • Reboot whenever it's asking to
  • Wait... It may took 30min to install the update(s)
Backup your important data,registry and create system restore point for just in case.

Not saying anything, but even if MS releases this update through Windows Update, still can cause problems to some users. (it wouldn't be the first time :D )
Have a nice day ;)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
..was so excited,:) I thought: "OK, I'm going to update Now!"; and then I thought:oops: "Wait a minute, I'm reading this from my XP..":rolleyes:
I'd just put the Windows 8.1 away into it's bag before sitting down here!:D

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Order
1 KB2919442 Preparation Update
2 KB2939087 Preparation Update
3 KB2919355 Update 1
4 KB2932046 Supplement File
5 KB2938439
6 KB2937592

Reactions: Shadowave

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Installed all the updates. Installation was not smooth.
everything working fine for now.

I like Windows 8. i will stick to it for many years to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoraMurdar

Shadowave

Level 10
Verified
Aug 10, 2012
Order
1 KB2919442 Preparation Update
2 KB2939087 Preparation Update
3 KB2919355 Update 1
4 KB2932046 Supplement File
5 KB2938439
6 KB2937592
Downloading Update 1 KB2919355 ( x64) not working for me, can anyone help me with this?

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Downloading Update 1 KB2919355 ( x64) not working for me, can anyone help me with this?
turn on automatic update and install all the updates till date.
Close all applications and security software before installing new updates.
Install windows 8.1 update 1 updates in given order. restart whenever asked. Install all the given updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.