OK to buy KIS 2016 from Ebay reseller? Leaving Emsi AM

Chigwells

Level 4
Thread author
Jan 16, 2012
Hi Everyone, apologies in advance if this is the same old same old!

I've been buying Emsisoft Anti-Malware for the past few years. I've seen adverts on Ebay for very cheap versions of Kaspersky Internet Security 2016, (where you download the trial version from Kaspersky and add the serial number from the reseller).

Just got an email from Emsi promoting the latest AV Comparatives results, and once again Kaspersky is ahead and on top.

So, Kaspersky 2016 is cheaper, and seemingly better. I've really enjoyed Emsi over the years and I tend to be 'loyal', but I'm tight for cash and the AV results are significant.

Buying from a reseller, but if I'm downloading the original from Kaspersky, surely it's safe.

Downloading the KIS trial now to give it a whirl.

R

Rod McCarthy

Last edited by a moderator:

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Yes, if the reseller has a very good rating, it's good then. It's better if you got it directly from vendor (though I understand there might not have discount promotion there).

Anyway, if you're cash-tight, there's quite a no. of great free security software for you to use. E.g. CIS, 360, Avast Free, etc...

ravi prakash saini

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 22, 2015
@ Chigwells > Did it ever come to your mind how the sellers are giving anti virus kind of software at cheaper price.they buy multi user license ,which come at cheaper price,and sell them to different user.All the license are legitimate and there is no fraud but there are two problem ,as faced by me ,one is if any user exceeded the limit of allowed maximum number of installations,all the user get blacklisted .the second one is how you are going to renew it cause whoever is going to renew it ,will automatically renew it for all user.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Make sure to check on the customer feedback for the specific reseller to make sure they are reliable.

Other than that, you generally shouldn't encounter any issues with a license purchased from any 3rd party reseller.

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
They basically sell older versions of the application for that big discount. I have had this experience with downloadcrew before, so you better make sure it's not version 2013 which you are buying, or else you won't be able to upgrade to version 2017 later this year.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Currently Kaspersky 2016MR0/MR1 is not compatible with SandBoxie... there are issues with browsers and others applications in general... I hope They will fix it in the near future...
Sandboxie is blaming Kaspersky and they have to do the fix so harder considering the size and userbase of Kaspersky it might not happen anytime soon.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.