Expired OkayFreedom VPN[New] - 1 Year Premium

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Rishi

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
OkayFreedom VPN[New] - 1 Year Premium

upload_2016-7-2_13-55-9.png

How to:
1)Visit the promo page.
2)Fill in your details(Disposable email works),uncheck the newsletter option.
3)Fill the captcha and click send.
4)The activation key would arrive in your inbox.
Download
Support

Enjoy.​

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
OkayFreedom VPN[New] - 1 Year Premium

View attachment 106923
How to:
1)Visit the promo page.
2)Fill in your details(Disposable email works),uncheck the newsletter option.
3)Fill the captcha and click send.
4)The activation key would arrive in your inbox.
Download
Support

Enjoy.​

Thank you Rishi, I am giving this one a try, so far I really like it, 1 year of unlimited traffic is great. So far it seems rather speedy.

I do have one question for anyone who might know, when I installed this it opened Chrome and ask you to install a "Chrome Extension for Okay Freedom", I installed it but I don't understand what it's use is for because whether it is enabled or not enable upon starting Chrome with Okay Freedom on in the client Okay freedom still shows to have change my IP.

I am using Chrome 64 Bit, and when I click on that extension the "Options" selection on it is grayed out an unselectable. Perhaps the extension is 32 bit only or something?

If I understand this correctly? Since you are using the client then all connections once active are tunneled through the VPN service, so the browser extension is not necessary?

Y

yigido

Why? I used it in the past and it seems good. There are a lot of false positives of it!
I do not use it but while installing a VPN software. The installer should install OpenVPN client and TAP.
For example, install Cyberghost.. it will install the client.
but Okayfreedom does not install the client. Actually, I cannot trust VPNs which do not install client.
OkayFreedom seems like a system wide proxy changer.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
I do not use it but while installing a VPN software. The installer should install OpenVPN client and TAP.
but Okayfreedom does not install the client. Actually, I cannot trust VPNs which do not install client.
OkayFreedom seems like a system wide proxy changer.
Yes, I know that it seems strange if it doen't install its client. But please do not trust in some detection, because it is only a false positive, for sure. I think it can protect enough, but obviously I think that Cyberghost is better.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Some VPN's install OpenVPN client, some don't. I don't think it's necessarily a problem if it doesn't. For instance, one of the better VPN's I've used, FrootVPN, didn't either.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
This vpn work very slowly ,I do't suggest it to any one....

Reactions: yigido

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Paid ;) Do you have free suggestion ?
I was giving it as an example of a VPN that also doesn't install the OpenVPN client. FrootVPN was free when I used it (Dec 2014 to Jun 2015 when they started charging). It is rather inconvenient though to have to install the OpenVPN client and configure etc rather than it all being done automatically when you install the VPN.

You wanted to know about OKFreedom's privacy policy. They say they don't keep any logs that can identify individual users:
OkayFreedom Review - BestVPN.com

As for free VPNs, the one Rishi put up yesterday, Windscribe, works well:
24 HOURS OR LESS - Windscribe VPN SE - 1 Year 50 GB/month

You've still got the rest of the day to get a free activation key. I've put its privacy policy in the thread. They don't keep personally identifiable logs either. It installs OpenVPN automatically so no problem there.

PS - I'd still like to know if OKFreedom activation key has to be used by a certain time, ie, before the offer expires, or will it work after?

UPDATE: Installed OKFreedom but very complex and lengthy and I didn't like the way it felt as though it was spreading its tentacles throughout my computer. Quite a few different processes which Task Manager was unable to stop and it felt like it was controlling me rather than the other way round, so uninstalled it. If I was really desperate for a VPN I might use it but only as a last resort. Windscribe is a much nicer experience.

Last edited:

Rishi

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Wow, so much interest in the giveaway threads lately, nice to see that! I can have my own small club going here, LOL... on a serious note :

Does the code have to be used within a certain time? Also, does OkayFreedom work with torrents?
Judging from the past giveaways and what @frogboy said as long as the keys are unique and are not used previously, you can store them( I'd still be using them within the time period for which promo is active).

I do have one question for anyone who might know, when I installed this it opened Chrome and ask you to install a "Chrome Extension for Okay Freedom", I installed it but I don't understand what it's use is for because whether it is enabled or not enable upon starting Chrome with Okay Freedom on in the client Okay freedom still shows to have change my IP.
From their Faqs/Support
upload_2016-7-3_15-2-25.png

I'm havoing issues with CAPCHA it refreshes everytime i click ok? Tried 3 browsers:(

The google captcha demands that you keep selecting images until the pictures related to the object completely disappear.Frustrating, I usually get mountains or store fronts.

Installed OKFreedom but very complex and lengthy and I didn't like the way it felt as though it was spreading its tentacles throughout my computer. Quite a few different processes which Task Manager was unable to stop and it felt like it was controlling me rather than the other way round,

This software will display ads!

Only in the free version with 2.5GB limit per month.This is premium.
For more information on the false positives and further appreciation by our knowledgeable members check these threads
Expired - OkayFreedom VPN for free!
Okay Freedom VPN - Free for 12 Months
OkayFreedom VPN 1 year free!
A must read, specially @OokamiCreed 's and @Klipsh 's comments.

This works well i have been using it for years now and have had no problems at all, i have a few years of keys now up my sleeve. :)

Thank you @Rishi for this giveaway.

Welcome guys. Thanks to the developer for this giveaway.And if it was totally free it's not a giveaway, is it? Steganos is a well known German company and they also have Steganos online shield which they giveaway for 5GB a month limit for a year.Difference being in price and encryption.Not many complaining they got hacked.

OpenVPN or nothing. I am sure you guys have plenty of free options to suffice your needs.Giveaways are always an opt-in.:)Glad to contribute.

Again
FAQ/Support => FAQ | Support - OkayFreedom
Privacy policy => Privacy Policy - OkayFreedom

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.