Okozo

bogdan

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 7, 2011
Okozo Desktop

This app was reviewed on freewaregenius and received a Freewaregenius Pick award.

Okozo desktop installs flash-based animated desktop wallpaper on Windows Vista and Windows 7, utilizing DirectX 9.0c and Adobe flash. There is an impressive collection of "Desktops" on their site. Most of these desktops require a certain amount of resources but some might be willing to spend those resources for a gorgeous looking/funny interactive desktop.

Resource usage:
The OkozoDesktop.exe process uses around 20MB.
The amount of RAM used be the desktop depends on the desktop you choose and it is hard to monitor but you should expect it to be quite high on complex wallpapers.
CPU usage also depends on your desktop choice. For example with the 3D Digital Clock I've noticed 3% CPU spikes from time to time, usual usage being between 0-1%. With the Hamster Wallpaper CPU was 0-3% while the desktop was covered by another application but it reached 17% when the desktop was visible and I interacted with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Very entertaining. :D
Anyone has any idea on how much CPU/RAM it uses ?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
As fun and interesting most of these flash wallpapers are, one important aspect is resource usage. During our tests the amount of CPU and RAM required by the application was not high, but explorer.exe needed significantly more supplies to keep the wallpaper moving; and both CPU and RAM were visibly affected.

Sporting a Dual Core CPU and 3GB of RAM our test system showed signs of exhaustion as long as the Okozo Desktop animated wallpapers ran, with RAM usage increasing with about 100MB while CPU was constantly around the 50% value. The moment Okozo Desktop was turned off everything came back to normal.

http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/Okozo-Desktop-Review-184276.shtml

So its stated that 100mb the ram it consumes.

bogdan

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 7, 2011
Resource usage probably depends on the wallpaper you use. I never reached those values. Also when the desktop is in the background the CPU usage goes down. There was definitely a problem on their setup. I've added resource usage to my first post.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.