Advice Request Old Windows Task Manager not gone in Windows 8.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vextor

Thread author
Some people have been praising the new task manager, saying it's easy, simple and has a good UI. However, others wish for the old Task Manager, saying it's more indepth. Well fear not, the old Task Manager still exists, as of the Consumer Preview.
GArbb.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It is possible for you to re-create this scenario?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Well that's all ways a good thing to have it back. Will have to try Windows 8 first before I want the other Task Manager back.

V

Vextor

Thread author
Earth said:
It is possible for you to re-create this scenario?

I'm not sure. It just randomly appeared, so I suspect the old Task Manager has not been taken out of the code. Also, it is still in the files, so if you have a look, you can re-create the scenario.
I also had Kaspersky on at the time, but I'm not sure if that caused it.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Seems that's likely one of the hidden tricks on how to retrieve the old task manager. Windows 8 was full of secrets that needs to be reveal. ;)

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
http://www.windows8release.com/2012/03/windows-8-consumer-preview-has-got-two-task-managers/

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/run-old-task-manager-windows-8/

Simply open a Run dialogue box and type taskmgr.exe

Odd how you got it to appear bbbbweb.

iScream

Dec 7, 2011
I think my brother managed to get it to appear the same CTL+ALT+DEL pressings randomly too. Weird but yes, still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.