Battle On a 64bit System, with new versions out which browser has the edge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Even tho I ain't a fan of Firefox, considering latest version of both Firefox and Cyberfox (35.0), what observations do you have in terms of usage, resource usage, pros and cons?

We do however know that Firefox had improved its stability, memory usage etc over the time.

On a side note, I did try Cyberfox on an older system and did notice a faster loading time on some pages compared to Firefox but then again, because I do not use it on a daily basis, cannot fully draw my conclusions.

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Cyberfox gets my vote i have both but i think SlimJet x64 beats them hands down. ;)
Would you elaborate on your opinion for SlimJet?
Out of curiosity, wouldn't the 32 bit version be enough considering the increase on Slimjet x64?

As for Cyberfox vote, is it because of x64 support?

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Would you elaborate on your opinion for SlimJet?
Out of curiosity, wouldn't the 32 bit version be enough considering the increase on Slimjet x64?

As for Cyberfox vote, is it because of x64 support?
Increase of what if you mean ram i have at 12gigs i think is plenty.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Cyberfox gets my vote i have both but i think SlimJet x64 beats them hands down.
I agree with frogboy because Firefox is freezing on my system when Cyberfox is not.
I also have been using Slimjet x64 and i can tell you that it's faster from both Mozilla browsers. As for RAM usage it's about the same with Cyberfox but some times it uses a bit more CPU.
I forgot to mention that i have both Cyberfox and Slimjet on my system like frogboy.
I also have MxNitro a new Maxthon browser which is good but still needs work. http://usa.maxthon.com/mxnitro/
Another Mozilla based browser is PaleMoon which for me is the most stable of Mozilla based browsers and it's speed is the same with the others. http://www.palemoon.org/.
I hope i have helped:).

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Cyberfox, Waterfox and other Gecko derivatives have compiled for better performance in browsing experience so assume it should not cause any crashes may happen, + continuous updates from the original developere itself.

Reactions: frogboy
S

Sr. Normal

A few months ago I would have answered favorably to Cyberfox. However, the x64 version of Firefox works fine on my computer (W10 PRO 64 8Gb RAM) and is much more comfortable to maintain as it is updated automatically and Cyberfox have to be re-installing the program and in my case also , the language pack. Not notice the difference in performance but is more comfortable, for me, Firefox. Then it has my vote

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Thread moved due to obselete versions. Will post new thread in due course since versions have improved greatly

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.