On to purchasing my first smartphone, need some suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi MT members, I am looking forward to purchase my first complete smart phone. After all i know about the smartphones pros and cons, i have still confusions on choosing a right one. So i decided to ask u members to opt me a right one. So what would be a better one..
>>I dont want a Android Phone since it comes with all the phone. If u force me to choose one, it must be affordable and not exceeding 15,000 INR.
>>I would be glad to buy windows phones.
>>I would also hold my choice on blackberry's and Apple's if u have a good prior experience over them.
Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks for your cooperation.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Honestly the performance of IOS is really reliable in my experience cause I owned ipod touch 5th gen, unlike phones with the use of Android OS tends to be slowdown even doing productivity reason.

Also some cases I've encountered where the first newly setup for Android OS tends to crash without a reason. (purchased tablet before)

Smartphones mostly focus on the processor which can perform at quad core up to octa core, next to the camera where MP is another concern, but main important is battery consumption that ability to last longer.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro and toto

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Honestly the performance of IOS is really reliable in my experience cause I owned ipod touch 5th gen, unlike phones with the use of Android OS tends to be slowdown even doing productivity reason.

Also some cases I've encountered where the first newly setup for Android OS tends to crash without a reason. (purchased tablet before)

Smartphones mostly focus on the processor which can perform at quad core up to octa core, next to the camera where MP is another concern, but main important is battery consumption that ability to last longer.
Finally a suggestion for me to opt a good phone. So is it wort purchasing iphone 5c? Or should i go with iphone 4s? Or is it worth investing over microsoft lumia 535?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have always had a good experience with Android phones,S3 & now Note 4. I have also owned an iPhone. However i found jailbreaking the iPhone was the only way to really enjoy it.
If you are looking at the iPhone I would personally go with the 5s over the 5C.However if money factors in then the 5c is fine.
The iPhone 6plus is enormous bigger than my Note 4

I'm Me

Verified
Sep 14, 2013
I have a 2013 Moto G which is a very affordable Android smartphone and works very well for me. Some people complain that the 1gb of ram is too small to run lots of different apps at one time. But I find that just turning the phone off and then back on at least once every two days helps to clear the cache and free up ram. I think some people may leave their phone on all the time or for a very long time and this can cause some phones to have problems.

If the Moto G is too expensive in your country, Motorola has another smartphone that is called the Moto E that from what I hear is even more affordable. But you might be able to buy the 2013 version of the Moto G for cheaper instead of buying a 2014 or 2015 version. Also, the 2013 Moto G got updated or is scheduled to be updated to Google's new operating system called Lollipop.

Apple products are nice. I have an iPad which I enjoy. But Android products are more customizable. I can make so many nice changes to my Android phone without having to root it.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Finally a suggestion for me to opt a good phone. So is it wort purchasing iphone 5c? Or should i go with iphone 4s? Or is it worth investing over microsoft lumia 535?

Purchasing Iphone is really a worth and based also on my personal experience, seems none of people where experience any issues for that. 5c or 5s is good to go and differ on storage, camera and processor used but very reliable on performance.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
So what would be the battery backup performance if we use the phone just for whatsapp and calling purpose? How long would it withstand?

Nokia lumia 730
I saw some reviews of this phone, I liked the features, but i didnt like its design and its huge. sorry to disappoint ur suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So what would be the battery backup performance if we use the phone just for whatsapp and calling purpose? How long would it withstand?

http://news.softpedia.com/news/WhatsApp-Remains-One-of-the-Biggest-iOS-Battery-Hogs-465111.shtml

If pertaining to the battery consumption then it varies caused IOS has an ability to detect software that holds large resources, and one of this is WhatsApp to be stated battery hogs.

Simply calling should not be take any longer as it contributes the connectivity and resources for operation. ;)

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
http://news.softpedia.com/news/WhatsApp-Remains-One-of-the-Biggest-iOS-Battery-Hogs-465111.shtml

If pertaining to the battery consumption then it varies caused IOS has an ability to detect software that holds large resources, and one of this is WhatsApp to be stated battery hogs.

Simply calling should not be take any longer as it contributes the connectivity and resources for operation. ;)
I heard that Nokia / Microsoft products provide better battery reliability than any other products. Is that true? If so which windows phone is the choice for me? And also how good is investing over iphone 4s?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Long battery life. Remember to check out Battery Saver to monitor and block background running apps. Data Sense to monitor and control data usage.

WhatsApp is updated regularly on Windows Phone and with Skype, you can enable Video-calling from the Phone function, during a call.

Lumia range: http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/ (Change to your region http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/locale/)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Battery life depends on many factors.There are battery saving power tips just as those for a Laptop such as backlight,brightness,how long before screen turns off,etc. Game playing will consume battery power as will watching videos and so on.Certain apps are more battery consuming then others however calls and texts should not take a toll on battery consumption as you can see in a phones specs the talk time for a phone.As for WhatsApp I don't know as I do not use it.
Also certain settings such as GPS,Location and searching for WIFI networks that run in the background can also drain the battery.
Allowing the battery to drain and then charging as well as taking it off charge once charging is complete will definitely extend your battery life.
I had the 4s but personally I would consider the 5s/5c.If you can afford the iPhone 6 I would consider that also.I liked the 4s very much and never had any problems with it.The only thing I didnt like is I could not use a micro SD card with the iPhone where as other phones you can add this extra storage based on your needs.Depending on your needs the storage amount of the iPhone you are looking at has to be a factored in also. Higher storage amounts cost more money.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Nokia Lumia 1520 is non affordable from my side. I think i can opt for iphone 5c 8 Gb or go with Microsoft Lumia 535. Or is it worth waiting another 2-3 months ?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Nokia Lumia 1520 is non affordable from my side. I think i can opt for iphone 5c 8 Gb or go with Microsoft Lumia 535. Or is it worth waiting another 2-3 months ?

Its up to you, if there will be an urgency then go ahead ;) Fine tuned camera. processor and battery consumption is really main concern here and for Nokia/Microsoft and Apple Phones are such better in these categories.

scot

Level 9
Verified
Dec 5, 2014
When you have a cash limit at 15k INR, you are left with very little options.
Lumia 1620, iPhone 5s/5c are out of the picture and you want a windows phone specifically, so you need to wait and see if any new offers in your range come by.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
When you have a cash limit at 15k INR, you are left with very little options.
Lumia 1620, iPhone 5s/5c are out of the picture and you want a windows phone specifically, so you need to wait and see if any new offers in your range come by.
I have quoted only for android phones, not any other's. Microsoft products? I think its not necessary to invest more over that also, so i believe Apple and Blackberry Products have their worth in any range. But since i have my budget fixed i cannot exceed 25000 INR over a phone, which really makes me unhappy investing more than that over a cell phone. What do u say?

scot

Level 9
Verified
Dec 5, 2014
You will be having more options for increasing your budget from 15k to 25k INR and Blackberry should be your best of the available options. Still you will fall short in regard to iPhone 5s/5c.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Its up to you, if there will be an urgency then go ahead ;) Fine tuned camera. processor and battery consumption is really main concern here and for Nokia/Microsoft and Apple Phones are such better in these categories.
There's no urgency, i believe in another 2-3 months, prices of these phones might come down and which will be a good advantage to me right? Formerly i was using Nokia Asha 311. Since my sisters Nokia X2 Speaker was ruptured, i had to sell it and gift my Asha to her. Now I am using a simple basic cell phone called Samsung Duos S3322. I am using this from past 1.5 Years, now i am bored and as i see smart touch screen phones on every hand, I feel i want to own one too. But the feature i'm afraid of is the battery reliability of the latest phones. My samsung provides 5 days of backup when atleast 30 min of calls handled a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.