On to purchasing my first smartphone, need some suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For battery consumption saver then go to Windows Phone or IOS + simplicity of tasks.

But for overall categories then go to Android smartphones.

Reactions: Venustus

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I have a Lumia 730. Now the phone which I may purchase would be for my father. What he mostly needs a good smartphone with a good battery backup and with led flash. With these specifications, I am able to get ASUS Zenfone 5, Lenovo A6000 Plus, Redmi Note 2, Huawei Honor 4x and Lumia 640. So I am confused on choosing the right one. Over all the products I see Lenovo as a Top End with all the features except lacking of Gorilla Glass. So which would be ur suggestion @jamescv7 , @BoraMurdar , @Huracan , @DaZa9 and @exterminator20 ?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Purshu_Pro :For such exotic smartphone brand then try Redmi Note 2 from Xiaomi where you have good battery, performance (Octa cores) with minimum of 2 GB however its prices are totally costly since available via online.

Asus Zenfone 5 is another worth to try which powered/optimized by Intel as the performance is so great and big difference compare from RockChip and few others + Gorilla Glass protection for the screen.

For Huawei well I've received a bad experience from Mediapad where performance is relatively poor but it doesn't mean their flagship main smartphones are same but still its quality is far to compare from known ones.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
@jamescv7 thank for the explanation. But then what about Lenovo A6000 Plus? It says it has Snapdragon 410 Quadcore processor and 2 GB ram. I agree Redmi Is cheaper compared to all the above mentioned products. But I have seen various benchmarks stating that Battery performance is low and it has heating issues. So I am thinking which to go with. A6000 Plus or Asus Zenphone 5 ( A500CG / A501CG )

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Purshu_Pro : In terms of battery and performance then Lenovo A6000 Plus is a + x factor to have a smartphone; the only downside is camera and more tough glass protection.

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Snapdragon 410 performance is not that great, let me say average performance. I have experienced Gorilla Glass 3 and from the first drop the screen got broken and cracked and the touch stopped. So I see it isn't a big deal that will let me run away from a phone. but overall it's a plus if it's found in a phone. For the battery backup I'd recommend the Huawei 4X. I have seen some people complaining about the battery on the A6000+. A friend of mine has A6000 (not Plus) and battery lasts with him 5.30-6 screen on using WiFi. A6000+ is fine if your father won't use the phone for hours wifi or 3G as this will drain the battery faster and he will need to recharge maybe twice a day if used too heavily. if average or low it should last a full day comfortably.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Finally Booked ASUS Zenfone 5 A501CG after all the research over night. Thanks for all the great suggestions.

Reactions: DaZa9

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi guys, I have finally received ASUS Phone, and I am stunned by the product. Every things seems great. But it has little heat issue while using internet through wifi. I dont think its a problem. And now I want to purchase another phone for my cousin, and his budget is almost the same. I have a plan of going with Lumia 535 or Lumia 640. So what would u suggest?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Purshu_Pro : So your cousin is already sure for taking Windows Phone OS ? Because you know to reach the full exert limit is from Android ;) but anyway go to Lumia 640 for more improved camera and its hardware type ( Qualcomm Snapdragon 400), other than sames specifications on other categories.

They differ on the release date which go for latest one (Lumia 640 February 2015)

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Thanks @jamescv7 for the info. Now since i have recieved ASUS Zenfone 5 A501CG , I feel ASUS has better hardware components compared to Lumia, but i have been surveying all over the web about it, they claim that it 640 has better battery backup. And I do own a 730 now, I dont feel I had made any mistake in choosing 730. But my doubt is, which will make my cousin happier and which is worth of buying? Lumia 640 or ASUS again?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For me I will go for ASUS since they are very known for battery optimize in Android ** very well. *

* It depends on how you use it, cause my Fonepad manage to stay up to 1 week without charging due to pretty good power saver.
As you know Android is totally a hard concept for manufacturer to improve battery concern.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
But I have seen some heat issue while using Wifi/Internet. Is it normal?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Lumia devices don't need the latest and greatest hardware to operate, for example, they use older Snapdragon chips. This is also one reason why WP are fairly cheap for developing countries. It doesn't mean, they are rubbish phones, just better optimised. ;)

Android is no doubt more dependent on better hardware.

I suggest looking on WPCentral (redirect WindowsCentral.com)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Purshu_Pro : Browsing with Wifi/Mobile Data should not pose any issue even the heat occurred cause that's normal. The hardware built are just working on to control the temperature as possible.*

*Of course playing games will happen that all time due to intensive performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.