On to purchasing my first smartphone, need some suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
You will be having more options for increasing your budget from 15k to 25k INR and Blackberry should be your best of the available options. Still you will fall short in regard to iPhone 5s/5c.
I have heard rumors that blackberry does not support all the applications, and also we must pay for all the apps which are available freely in other phone OS's. How true is that? And I heard that BBM is forced app to use by owners of blackberry.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
asus zenphone 5 is realy amazing(Price,quality)
I agree with ur thoughts over this. But its too large for me to handle. As i am a field engineer i need to receive calls often, even during riding. So i think its not a good option for me.

aamoos

Level 3
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
I personally used all 3 platforms. There is nothing better than a jailbreaked iPhone. iPhone is the best choice. If u want to try Lumia than wait for a month for lumia 640. Lumia 640 is far better than lumia 535 specs wise and a slightly difference in price.

scot

Level 9
Verified
Dec 5, 2014
BB has shown the world what does a smartphone mean and their BBM is the best it has.
Yes, you are absolutely right but now they have been forced to rethink about their approach towards Asia and they regularly provide some apps free of cost which will be more than to satisfy any regular user of BB.

Please read this to know about BBM encryption: http://encryptedmobile.com/is-bbm-secure-article/

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I personally used all 3 platforms. There is nothing better than a jailbreaked iPhone. iPhone is the best choice. If u want to try Lumia than wait for a month for lumia 640. Lumia 640 is far better than lumia 535 specs wise and a slightly difference in price.
Thanks i will look into that.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
BB has shown the world what does a smartphone mean and their BBM is the best it has.
Yes, you are absolutely right but now they have been forced to rethink about their approach towards Asia and they regularly provide some apps free of cost which will be more than to satisfy any regular user of BB.

Please read this to know about BBM encryption: http://encryptedmobile.com/is-bbm-secure-article/
So cant we send normal messages as we send in other cell phones?

scot

Level 9
Verified
Dec 5, 2014
As good as i know BBM is the default messenger or in other words the basic messenger.
I do not(can't) use mobile phones, so cannot tell you about my practical experience.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Personally IMO I would not consider BlackBerry. There are many other better smartphones on the market. I had one many years ago and it just didnt meet my needs. To me it seemed like a plain stripped down phone with very little options.I really know nothing about it now but I imagine the app options are nothing close to Android or iPhone.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro and scot

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@purshupro: Yes prices will depreciate varies.

Since you mention being a field engineer then an Iphone is really worth for you, because I remembered when my father has a company phone and its from Iphone 5c or 5s (not sure) then very reliable + can handle calls well and track location where a place cause trouble on elevator/escalator.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
So I accept the the words of experts, So i decided to go with Iphone 5c/5s depending on my investments. That doesnt mean i am disappointing others! Thanks for ur effort in helping/suggesting me to opt the differences. Thanks

Reactions: jamescv7

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi friends how are you all doing. I am now using Nokia Lumia 730 as my first Smartphone. Now I'm on to purchase my second one with android OS. With minimum of 2 days battery back up i am enjoying using Lumia 730. I just wanted to purchase a android smart phone with the same reliability. Can any one suggest me such kind? I am planning to go with Moto E 2nd Gen 3G. Is it worth investing over it?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
For Android, you may need to invest more $$$ to benefit from long-term usage.
  • Memory: 2GB RAM (minimum)
  • Storage: 16GB (or 8GB with External MicroSD Storage)
  • Battery life: Android OS can be power hungry, so Utilise power saving modes in Android 5.x. Install apps you need, or restrict background apps. Check the Auto-Sync settings too.
  • Screen size/Resolution: Dependant on phone and price tag.
Consider a Nexus for next to no-delay Android updates, as Mobile Carriers may need several months of testing before OTA deployment.

If you do not need an Android phone, do not buy one. Android works best on mid-to-high end devices. As an alternate look at investing into an Android tablet device.

Reactions: scot

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For Android well go to the optimize and efficient battery saver implementation with ASUS. (Just pick on their top end).

Because from my experience, ASUS Fonepad which I currently using is pretty good for such simple web browsing and reading good up to 1 week before recharge.

Others to consider is Lenovo or Samsung which are known to implement very good performance+ including active updates for Android.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Is it a good choice to opt Lenovo A6000? Its a phone for my father. He just uses his phone to call and Whatsapp.

D

Deleted member 178

Android Roxx !!! (if you can root it :D )

i own a Pantech/Sky Vega A860 ; it is awesome.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Purshu_Pro : According to GSM Arena ; you will get an IPS capatitive screen which no worries to view at any angle, Quad core, 1 GB Ram, a good snapdragon chipset and its CPU and GPU. Battery life of Lenovo are pretty good to consider especially if the task are not so intensive.

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
You have some options: Asus Zenfone 2, Alcatel Onetouch Idol X Plus.
If you want to save some money then you can browse Here. pick up a phone and try to watch some reviews about it on Youtube. After that you can get back here and ask if someone had any experience with the phone so he could tell you.

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Myself, I wouldn't recommend you get Windows Phone, Android is much more customizable and you can do pretty much everything with Android. But it's your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.