Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
no internet connection
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
tried resetting adapter, uninstalling then reinstalling adaper, protocols, reset all the network protocols and settings
Driving me crazy, others are reporting this problem and some have fixed theirs but none of the fixes I have seen have worked for me, this originally happened about 10 days ago and after messing with all these "fixes" it worked until today now I have no internet, says unidentified network with no internet access, have tried static ip which then will show my ssid but still no internet, any help would be greatly appreciated, also it is only happening on one of trhee Win 10 machines in the house, the 2 working use AC while the non working is on N, ty.

Reactions: Ink

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
There are literally hundreds of reasons why this could have happened, and unfortunately there is no universal solution, unless a specific issue can be identified.

Nevertheless, here is a generic procedure you can follow in order to resolve this issue:
  1. Launch Command Prompt as administrator. (see how to do that here)
  2. Enter the following commands, one by one, and make sure that each command has finished before you enter the next one:
    Code:
    netsh advfirewall reset
    Code:
    netsh int ip reset
    Code:
    netsh int ipv6 reset
    Code:
    netsh winsock reset
  3. Reboot your system.

The above procedure is suggested considering that the issue is not caused by malicious software or other software that may cause Internet connection issues for one reason or another.

I hope this helps a bit. :p

Reactions: Venustus
Upvote 0

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
There are literally hundreds of reasons why this could have happened, and unfortunately there is no universal solution, unless a specific issue can be identified.

Nevertheless, here is a generic procedure you can follow in order to resolve this issue:
  1. Launch Command Prompt as administrator. (see how to do that here)
  2. Enter the following commands, one by one, and make sure that each command has finished before you enter the next one:
    Code:
    netsh advfirewall reset
    Code:
    netsh int ip reset
    Code:
    netsh int ipv6 reset
    Code:
    netsh winsock reset
  3. Reboot your system.
The above procedure is suggested considering that the issue is not caused by malicious software or other software that may cause Internet connection issues for one reason or another.

I hope this helps a bit. :p
Thank you for the suggestions, I have tried them all and still no internet, I believe it is a Windows 10 problem of some sort and definitely not malware related, ty again.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym
Upvote 0

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Thank you for the suggestions, I have tried them all and still no internet, I believe it is a Windows 10 problem of some sort and definitely not malware related, ty again.
Try this command as well:
Code:
sfc /scannow

If this does not work either, then I recommend you uninstall the drivers of your network adapters from within Device Manager, reboot yout PC and let Windows reconfigure the network adapter drivers.

If that still doesn't, work, then the issue might be caused by some sort of incompatibility of your network card with Windows 10 (which is rather unlikely) or some sort of other misconfiguration.

The final solution would be to either re-install the OS or to downgrade to a previous Windows version, if possible, however both of these options are simply ridiculous for an issue as trivial as this.

EDIT: You may also try the following commands, one by one, and then reboot your system (this is a more hardcore procedure than the one posted above):
Code:
ipconfig /flushdns

nbtstat -R

nbtstat -RR

netsh int reset all

netsh int ipv4 reset

netsh int ipv6 reset

netsh winsock reset

Last edited:
Upvote 0

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Try this command as well:
Code:
sfc /scannow

If this does not work either, then I recommend you uninstall the drivers of your network adapters from within Device Manager, reboot yout PC and let Windows reconfigure the network adapter drivers.

If that still doesn't, work, then the issue might be caused by some sort of incompatibility of your network card with Windows 10 (which is rather unlikely) or some sort of other misconfiguration.

The final solution would be to either re-install the OS or to downgrade to a previous Windows version, if possible, however both of these options are simply ridiculous for an issue as trivial as this.

EDIT: You may also try the following commands, one by one, and then reboot your system (this is a more hardcore procedure than the one posted above):
Code:
ipconfig /flushdns

nbtstat -R

nbtstat -RR

netsh int reset all

netsh int ipv4 reset

netsh int ipv6 reset

netsh winsock reset
Thanks again, still no luck :( sfc /scannow found nothing

Upvote 0

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Thanks for trying to help, apparently it's my router causing the issue as it is only showing the 5ghz AC connection and not showing the 2.4ghz connection, after resetting the router all is working, time for a new router second time in 10 days with this issue, don't buy Belkin!

Upvote 0
R

Rod McCarthy

Happened to me today so I unplugged modem/router and shut down PC... Plugged in then rebooted PC...Worked.

Reactions: juhful
Upvote 0

Wihat

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2016
I used to have the problem similar to you, after doing anything but no result, i tried to change my channel to 6, and it works up to now without problem :)

Upvote 0

jyxll

Apr 15, 2016
I also received the protocol error.
I remained connected to the net but could not access the other machines of my homegroup.
After trying many options the one that worked for me was removing anything related to OpenVPN.
Followed advice below from this address: OpenVPN Support Forum • TAP Device driver will not install in Win 8.1 64bit : Installation Help

- granted administrator privileges to C:\Program Files\TAP-Windows\devcon.exe
- set compatibility mode to "Windows 7" (not sure it was usefull though)
- run C:\Program Files\TAP-Windows\deltapall
- run C:\Program Files\TAP-Windows\addtap
If you do not find devcon.exe just go to the OpenVPN folder in Program Files and use 'deltapall' and the uninstall exe located within.

Reactions: frogboy
Upvote 0

forbesmasters

Apr 19, 2017
Driving me crazy, others are reporting this problem and some have fixed theirs but none of the fixes I have seen have worked for me, this originally happened about 10 days ago and after messing with all these "fixes" it worked until today now I have no internet, says unidentified network with no internet access, have tried static ip which then will show my ssid but still no internet, any help would be greatly appreciated, also it is only happening on one of trhee Windows 10 machines in the house, the 2 working use AC while the non working is on N, ty.
If you’re being bothered by the “one or more network protocols are missing” error message, I recommend you check your internet connection. A lot of times, you’ll find the cause of the problem to be that your wires are disconnected. Tighten the connections, and the website should run normally. THE solution is given here ;
http://errorcodespro.com/fix-one-more-network-protocols-missing-windows-computer/ ...may it also work for you

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.