OneDrive now offers 15GB Free Online Storage (Archived)

Are you happy about the free upgrade?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The OneDrive Blog: https://blog.onedrive.com/new-onedrive-storage-plans/

upload_2014-7-19_17-9-17.png

With this in mind, today we are announcing the following:

1. OneDrive will come with 15 GB for free (up from 7 GB)

Our data tells us that 3 out of 4 people have less than 15 GB of files stored on their PC. Factoring in what they may also have stored on other devices, we believe providing 15 GB for free right out of the gate – with no hoops to jump through – will make it much easier for people to have their documents, videos, and photos available in one place.

2. All versions of Office 365 will come with 1 TB of OneDrive storage

Soon you will get 1 TB of OneDrive with your subscription to Office 365. This means you will get the power of the world’s most popular productivity suite, Office, along with apps for your laptop, smartphone, and tablet, plus an enormous amount of storage, for an unbelievably low price.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
OneDrive is the best free option for cloud storage service, I use it to backup setting for my laptop.
It offers more than most other paid services. However I still prefer to use external hardware for main backups.

Enjoy!! :D

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Hi,

What encryption software are using to backup to the cloud?
What about Mega, ect?

Kind regards,

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Hi,

What encryption software are using to backup to the cloud?
What about Mega, ect?

Kind regards,
-Mega is known to be buggy and unreliable. However, it recently released an app for Windows
-Dropbox is the fastest sync service available (syncs in a second) and offers tons of free space available just for small tasks (inviting friends, linking apps, etc.), it's what I use to back up my very important documents (not the most important though)
-Google Drive is also very speedy, but forces people to use Google Docs, Google Slides, and Google Spreadsheets or else the document won't sync :eek:
Cheers, Chromatinfish :D

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011

It is a lot more than all my drives combined together :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.