Online scams taking advantage of the ongoing Japanese tragedy are popping up daily. T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Online scams taking advantage of the ongoing Japanese tragedy are popping up daily.
The latest one spotted is perpetuated on YouTube, where users go to search for videos that will give them insight into what's going on
japan-youtube-scam.jpg

More details - link

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
They are all cruel and heartless.
They're adding insult to injury by treating this tragedy as a good thing.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well just stay away from scams its only a waste of time, news from trusted source is a must.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
basically another survey scam....
tsuqkevids2.jpg

I remember that one year ago I was searching for "American Dad Online" and a site asked me to fill a survey to be able to watch the video(of course I didn't ..) and usually all the pop-ups looks like the above one..... LAME!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Some survey sites told that you need to turn off your adblock so that you will answer those surveys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.