New Features and Important Notes:
· Out-of-Process Plug-ins
· Opera now runs plug-ins as a separate process, allowing for more control when a plug-in misbehaves. This feature will enhance security and stability.
· For more information about why out-of-process plug-ins are important please see our article describing the feature.
· 64-Bit Windows Versions
· The 64-bit version of Opera will offer performance improvements for some functions and allow Opera more freedom in allocating memory.
· New, lightweight themes make it easier to customize the browser. Install or change themes at the click of a button, without restarting the browser.
· The themes gallery can be viewed here, and for more information on how to design themes please see our article describing the new theme system.
· Address Field Enhancements
· Numerous improvements to the address bar have been made -
· Improved address field and address bar drop-down suggestions
· Smart URL shortening in the address field drop-down
· The page title and the page excerpt will be used for full page search results
· URL and page content columns in the address field drop-down have been combined
· Experimental Full Hardware Acceleration
· Hardware acceleration allows Opera to offload graphics rendering from the processor (CPU) to the graphics card (GPU), making graphics intensive operations such as animations faster.
· This feature is disabled by default. To enable it you may set EnableHardwareAcceleration to 1. WebGL (which takes advantage of Hardware Acceleration) can be enabled by setting EnableWebGL to 1.
Right-to-Left (RTL) Script Support Added, Language Support Expanded:
· RTL support will bring additional stability for certain languages. Persian, Urdu, Hebrew, and Arabic languages added.
Window and Tabs API:
· Extensions will now be able to interact with tabs, create tab groups, and manage windows.
Opera Unite, Opera Widgets, and Opera Voice Discontinuation:
· Opera Unite and Opera Widgets will be off by default in Opera 12.00, and will eventually be phased out of the Opera browser in the future. Voice support will be removed as of Opera 12.00, as the voice-detection library is no longer supported by the third-party vendor.
· Developers are encouraged to move their solutions to the extensions platform
· Web Specifications Support
· Opera 12.00 will include changes in the Opera Presto 2.10 engine up to core-integration-point 289.
· Initial support for real-time communication has been added. Allowing the source of HTML5 to be set to the user's webcam.
· HTML5 Drag and Drop
· Drag and drop enables webpages to have elements that the user can drag from one page to another, or from their desktop to the webpage.
· CSS3 Animations and Transitions
· Support for animations and transitions has been updated and expanded.
· Do Not Track
· Added support for the Do Not Track (DNT) HTTP header.
· An innovative new set of CSS constructs that allow webpages to be split up into paged media, revolutionizing the Web reading experience.
· Cross-OriginResourceSharing (CORS) for XMLHttpRequest
· CORS enables more secure and flexible communications between websites.
· General and User Interface
· A custom user agent preference has been added to opera:config
· Display and Scripting
Fixes and Changes:
· Fixed an issue where hidden keyboard navigation could allow cross site scripting or code execution
· Fixed an issue where a combination of clicks and key presses could lead to cross site scripting or code execution
· Fixed an issue where carefully timed reloads, redirects, and navigation could spoof the address field
· Fixed an issue where pages could prevent navigation to a target page, spoofing the address field
Download Link: http://www.opera.com/