Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why use Opera Max?
  • Boost your mobile and Wi-Fi data - Opera Max shrinks content before it reaches your phone - and your bill! Whether you're on mobile or Wi-Fi, Opera Max helps you make the most of data.
  • Protect yourself - With a single tap, Opera Max secures your connection on public Wi-Fi hotspots, encrypting your data and keeping you safe from data spies.
  • Block data-draining apps - Find out which apps use the most data - you can even choose to block them from using data altogether.
Other great features
  • Save on Wi-Fi data, too: Opera Max works on both Wi-Fi and mobile networks, so you can still save data if you're using a personal Wi-Fi hotspot or hub with a limited data plan.
  • Take control of your data: Opera Max gives you details of each app's data usage over time.
  • Discover top savers: Not only can you find out which of your apps is saving the most data, you can also find out which new apps save the most data with Opera Max.
  • Manage your apps: Smart alerts help you prevent data wastage fromby apps working in the background.
Looking for Version 1?
Opera Max - Data saving app - Android Apps on Google Play

Reactions: XhenEd and Noxx

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
This looks much improved than the original, will test it out on my phone.

Reactions: XhenEd and Noxx

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Update: If it's too good to be true, then it probably is.

After 5 minutes of using and looking at what it had to offer, an expected discovery led to Uninstallation of Opera Max v2. I didn't like the glorified features bundled with Gift Icon to show Recommended Apps. I understand Opera is also an Advertising company, but Opera Max is about Data Saving not recommending Apps to download.

Definitely prefer Version 1 of Opera Max.

I avoid Apps that hide a hidden Feature Store in their apps.

@Noxx How do you like the app so far?

Last edited:
Reactions: XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.