Review Opera Neon Review

Discussion in 'Users Review' started by jamescv7, Jan 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jamescv7

jamescv7 Level 61
    Trusted

Mar 15, 2011
    Web and FileMaker Developer
    Philippines
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    Name of Software/Product:
    Opera Neon
    Advantages:
    A) A revamp browser interface that brings refreshing through circles as tabs up to interesting stylish future concept.

B) Split screen definitely helps for a user to be productive on the browsing alongside of video player overlay feature.

C) Responsive and efficient in terms of browsing.
    Disadvantages:
    A) I understand that Opera made trim down the necessary features for absolute reason however better to retain bookmark manager and add adblocker instead.

B)In terms of developing a website through programming, you need to get the screen resolution or viewport manually for that browser since no extension support for the meantime to download browser resize tool for pre-fixed size.

C) Little confusion from the first place when using the Opera Neon, but as you navigate it then everything is simple and easy to use.
    Bottom Line:
    Opera Neon is an interesting browser that brings revamp outlook with simplicity yet reliable in terms of performance.

Although Opera should return the bookmark and extension support as it adds the overall consistency of the browser.
    Usability:
    4 / 5 ✪
    User Interface:
    4 / 5 ✪
    CPU/RAM/Storage:
    Fair Usage
    Performance:
    Fair Impact
    Overall Rating:
    Very Good - 4 / 5 ✪
    Read more on their blogs

AtlBo, frogboy, rockstarrocks and 7 others like this.
  2. rockstarrocks

rockstarrocks Level 14

Apr 16, 2017
    Civil Engineer
    Delhi>India>Asia>Earth>S.S.>Milky way>Our Universe
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Great review.
    I have to say beautiful UI, also split tab view is nice and fluid animation. One feature i would love would be auto hide of tab bar.

AtlBo, jamescv7 and tonibalas like this.
  3. Game Of Thrones

Game Of Thrones Level 5

Jun 5, 2014
    IT professional, real estate developer
    Windows 10
    Norton
    thanks for review was very informative for me

4. tonibalas

tonibalas Level 38
    Trusted

Sep 26, 2014
    I like this new browser.
    But without a bookmark manager and adblocking extension makes it a bit difficult to use it in my old laptop.
    The adds in the sites has a result of more cpu usage and sometimes slow browsing.
    When a new version comes out i 'll try it again.
    Thanks @jamescv7 for the review

5. jamescv7

jamescv7 Level 61
    Trusted

Mar 15, 2011
    Web and FileMaker Developer
    Philippines
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    @tonibalas: I agree, CPU usage is little bit high due to customized browser interface; considering the transition and effects. ;)

Also a little issue where it takes more time to load during cold boot compare to main Opera version, Firefox and Chrome browser.

AtlBo and tonibalas like this.
  6. tonibalas

tonibalas Level 38
    Trusted

Sep 26, 2014
    @jamescv7 indeed cold boot takes a bit longer than other browsers.
    But in the next update ( if there will be one ) i would like to see an improved optimized cpu usage.
    Especially during video ( and/or live streaming with flash ) viewing.

AtlBo likes this.
  7. kev216

kev216 Level 18
    Content Creator Trusted

Aug 6, 2014
    Belgium
    Windows 10
    Sophos
    I doubt there will be a new version of this browser. It's a concept browser and it was more to get feedback on their new reborn project. The idea is to add the new visual things into their normal Opera browser, which they already did partially with their new sidebar, but not to develop this Neon project further.