Opinions on the new Internet Explorer 11 (IE11).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashu Kumar

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2014
I am beginning to grow my likeness towards IE 11. For the past few years, I had been using Firefox but now leaning towards the IE11.

I think that the new IE has changed a lot from its previous verions and more sanguine responses for the new "Project Spartan web browser" for Windows 10 [now renamed as "Microsoft Edge"]. http://www.anandtech.com/show/8932/internet-explorer-project-spartan-shows-large-performance-gains

IE 11 is not like what it used to be in the past. It is fast and in my personal opinion it handles script errors more intuitively and responsibly than the Firefox.

I have NoScript installed to block scripts globally but still Firefox would hang for a couple of times. IE would also notify me for the add-ons that could make IE slow.
Unequivocally, IE's add-on ecosystem is not as rich as Firefox's, and bookmarks management is not on par with the Firefox's, but I can live with that.

With upcoming web browser projects from Microsoft, named as "Spartan" (Now, "Microsoft Edge"), I think that people will once again start favouring native Microsoft Windows web browsers.

I know some people might be raising their eyebrows upon reading this, but these are purely subjective opinion of mine for the IE.

What do you think of the new IE11?

Reactions: kiric96

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What do you mean new IE11?

It's already available for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1. (Windows 8 runs IE10 only).

Or do you mean to refer to Microsoft Edge (Project Spartan)?

IE9 and onwards is leaps better than IE8, with additional Enhanced Protected Modes, Smartscreen App Reputation, Tracking Protection Lists. And in Windows 8.1 Flash Player is built-in.

However keep an eye on Microsoft Edge for new hardware and Windows 10 for Home use.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
IE11 is a good browser. But requires lot of improvements. It has limitations over add ons compatibility. The major drawback is the adblocking stuff. Even though various TPL are available, it doesn't block all the ads. Apart from that what ever extension u have to install it requires the complete program to be installed in the PC. Thats another drawback. What I like in IE is its smooth scrolling and fluidity of the desplay of the web contents.

Reactions: Sven and Ashu Kumar

Ashu Kumar

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2014
What do you mean new IE11?

It's already available for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1. (Windows 8 runs IE10 only).

Or do you mean to refer to Microsoft Edge (Project Spartan)?

IE9 and onwards is leaps better than IE8, with additional Enhanced Protected Modes, Smartscreen App Reputation, Tracking Protection Lists. And in Windows 8.1 Flash Player is built-in.

However keep an eye on Microsoft Edge for new hardware and Windows 10 for Home use.

I guess, I used the word 'new' in context to me only. :D. I had been using Firefox for past years, and moved to a new browser (IE11). To reflect this transition, I used the word 'new'. :D

sonylxn

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
count me in, me too am a proud ie11 user :D
those trolls regarding ie found around the internet, well i can say that they didn't know what they're bashing about

Reactions: Ashu Kumar

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
am a proud IE 11 user on windows 10 it would be my main browser but still has some problems with pages, adblocking is another factor... privacy list wont block all ads... however beside that i use more IE than Opera.. I am excited about the new browser "edge" spartan looks great until now

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well there are still a room for improvements in IE since when it comes om browsing optimization; there's a lead from other competitors browser.

But their Smartscreen filter is a very good additional component which makes a leader in that category. ;)

However when Microsoft Edge is ready for primetime then I will use as primary browser over with Opera. :) Cause its a new beginning where surely better and much faster of all,

H

hjlbx

All browsers are some of the worst apps to use... not because they are bad products... but because they have so many vulnerabilities and compatibility issues. The developers can't prevent most of these things... only react and create patches.

It's never ending... and likely never will end.

Despite the hype, Spartan will turn out to be just as vulnerability prone as IE, FF and Chrome. It's inevitable due to coding and other limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.