Os4a Security Config

Os4a

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 23, 2015
Hi
Currently I use Emsisoft Internet Security with a customs hosts file for surf protection. I took this hosts file from xda-developers MotherOfAllAdBlocking, it's a bit too aggressive so I am editiong out some blocked site from it while I browse. Alongside Emsisoft IS I use Zemana Antilogger.
Updated 11/2016

Last edited:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I would like to suggest for your backup solution Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both have a good free and reliable version. ;)

Also you could add Emsisoft Emergency Kit as a extra on demand scanner.

D

Deleted member 178

Update Win7 to SP1 if you didnt.

Replace emsisoft OA , it is obsolete now, its technology is too old. I was a big fan too.

Comodo is the closest replacement.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Consider an adblocker for your browsers: Either for Ublock or Adguard extension.

Then you may install CCleaner with CCEnhancer for cleaning tool maintenance.

For scanners, put the following two on your USB for the meantime and use in case of heavy infection. You may add ESET Online Scanner, MBAM and Hitman Pro.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Definitely uninstall OA even if you use Windows firewall until you find a replacement.
Actually EAV & Windows Firewall is not a bad combination and you could add Sandboxie to your config.
CCleaner or Privazer
Consider some type of backup solution
HTTPS Everywhere & uBlock Origin in FF

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.