Not open for further replies.

OTMS

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 29, 2015
Updated for 2/2/2017:

Moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro
Tweaked windows for telemetry & privacy protection and also hardening.
--------------------------------
Additional Update's & Installs:
TcpOptimizer [tcp/ip - net tweaker]
BandiCam [Screen recording]
AIO-Runtimes v2.3.9
K-Lite codecs
BSPlayer Pro [video player]
AIMP [music player]
Autoruns
Nvidia Inspector [Tweaking game settings]
PrivaZer
IObit Driver Booster Pro
Internet Download Manager
uTorrent 2.2.1 [last build]
Speccy

*ISP Include phishing/cyber attack protection.

That's my config of 2017,moved to windows 10 and updated the whole settings.
Changed from malwarebytes 3 preium to Emsisoft anti-malware.

Another pc with similar setup & windows 7 os for work on offline mode.

Have to say big thanks! for this great forum!
i came here as "idiot" and learned alot by the time,tips,and suggestions.

Last edited:

OTMS

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 29, 2015
Nice config! Nothing to really add except have you considered moving to Wimdows 10?
Thanks for sharing your config with us and the kind words :)

Thanks mate :)

The second pc with Windows 10,i have Backup image of this computer with Windows 10 [everything installed the same] and i can restore it when i need/want..

I'm using windows 7 as some of the programs of my job still not support windows 10..so i must stuck with this version of windows.
when using windows 10,i also disable telemetry,editing host and more tweaks/improving etc..for maximum security and 0 microsoft spying.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
ESET Smart Security (and higher) comes with Banking and Payment protection, which protects the user from any possible Phishing attack, Insecure connections and Malicious Logging activity. Your browsing session is isolated environment and is protected.

You may no longer require Zemana AntiLogger Premium, and also the risk of conflict with Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium.

Which version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware are you using?

If you don't use any third-party password manager, but use Android, you can allow Google Chrome to save and generate passwords for you. You will need to enable Smart Lock for Passwords on Android (Settings > Google).

To protect your Chrome browser from unauthorised usage, you can use the Profiles and lock when away, alongside your Windows Local Account password.

Reactions: aragornnnn and OTMS

OTMS

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 29, 2015
ESET Smart Security (and higher) comes with Banking and Payment protection, which protects the user from any possible Phishing attack, Insecure connections and Malicious Logging activity. Your browsing session is isolated environment and is protected.

You may no longer require Zemana AntiLogger Premium, and also the risk of conflict with Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium.

Which version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware are you using?

If you don't use any third-party password manager, but use Android, you can allow Google Chrome to save and generate passwords for you. You will need to enable Smart Lock for Passwords on Android (Settings > Google).

To protect your Chrome browser from unauthorised usage, you can use the Profiles and lock when away, alongside your Windows Local Account password.

I would recommend ditching Malwarebytes for Zemana, and possibly setting Zemana as on-demand (like Malwarebytes).

Yes i know,i'm using the eset payment protection in some site's.
but some sites have bugs with it,and i cant login..or the browser freeze.
i already tried to contact them,and so far they offered to reinstall and use the default settings..

but the ZAL is for gaming sites,torrent sites and more..i don't like to use eset for every site.

the antilogger working on background,malwarebytes i have disabled every protection and using it for scanning only or web guard when needed.
version 3.0.5
so far this combo working okay without any problems for me.

About password managers,i'm using few tweaks that i found here on chrome..
and i select never for saving passwords.
i have notebook for work/personal life with all the usernames+passwords i need.
the most important are write very sort,only to remind me the start+end of the password,so i can remember the full one.

btw,thank your for the offers :)

Last edited:
Reactions: aragornnnn

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Thanks mate :)

The second pc with Windows 10,i have Backup image of this computer with Windows 10 [everything installed the same] and i can restore it when i need/want..

I'm using windows 7 as some of the programs of my job still not support windows 10..so i must stuck with this version of windows.
when using windows 10,i also disable telemetry,editing host and more tweaks/improving etc..for maximum security and 0 microsoft spying.
I understand the Windows 7 situation :) I am in the same situation.
I have all persoanl PC's on Windows 10 however work PC's are still running 7

Reactions: OTMS

aragornnnn

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 18, 2016
Great config thanks for sharing :)

I would remove Iobit driver booster, i guarantee you it will break something sooner or later.

OTMS

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 29, 2015
Great config thanks for sharing :)

I would remove Iobit driver booster, i guarantee you it will break something sooner or later.

Iobit driver booster is actually really great! if you know how to use it carefully..and you backuping your drivers..so there is not any problem always to restore the old one when you have problem or bsod.

Except the nvidia display drivers,i find it very usefull as it's finding the lastest drivers that have WHQL sig,and also updating all you need for gaming like vc redist , c++ and etc...

I have tried many tools like drivers magician,driver genius,drivers pack,slim drivers [all was pro edition] and this one is the best so far.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
you might want to consider tixati instead of utorrent.
both work well, but tixati has a good, clean reputation, can't say the same for utorrent...

OTMS

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 29, 2015
you might want to consider tixati instead of utorrent.
both work well, but tixati has a good, clean reputation, can't say the same for utorrent...

Thanks for the offer,but i'm using uTorrent for years..since it released after the eMule.
what also,i'm using private trackers and most of them don't allow to use such of torrent clients because of their option's.

with uTorrent i can get always maximum download/upload speed without any problem.
you just need to know which version to use and how to tweak it right for maximum performance [ 2.2.1 last build version or 2.0.4 or the first releases of 3 are the best atm].
I have 100Mb speed and uTorrent always using the maximum speed to download my torrents..even if it's 30/40~70GB of file.
that's an example of speed using 100% of my bandwidth,can up to 11.2:
https://i.imgur.com/ESqUH9J.png

If you like tixati keep use it,but i can also recommend deluxe,
its the number 1 torrent client for seedboxes and hardcore hosts for torrents download/upload.

Reactions: shmu26

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Thanks for the offer,but i'm using uTorrent for years..since it released after the eMule.
what also,i'm using private trackers and most of them don't allow to use such of torrent clients because of their option's.

with uTorrent i can get always maximum download/upload speed without any problem.
you just need to know which version to use and how to tweak it right for maximum performance [ 2.2.1 last build version or 2.0.4 or the first releases of 3 are the best atm].
I have 100Mb speed and uTorrent always using the maximum speed to download my torrents..even if it's 30/40~70GB of file.
that's an example of speed using 100% of my bandwidth,can up to 11.2:
https://i.imgur.com/ESqUH9J.png

If you like tixati keep use it,but i can also recommend deluxe,
its the number 1 torrent client for seedboxes and hardcore hosts for torrents download/upload.
the only problem with utorrent 2.2.1 is I can't select what files to download. We have to download everything
I'm using the latest verion. With some under the hood tweaks, there is 0 ads for me

nice config. You are safe

OTMS

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 29, 2015
the only problem with utorrent 2.2.1 is I can't select what files to download. We have to download everything
I'm using the latest verion. With some under the hood tweaks, there is 0 ads for me

nice config. You are safe

What you mean you have to download everything?
if you loading torrent that have X files, you can choose which files to download from the list..

there is nothing bad with the latest version,i just dont like it..because of the ads and the look.
what also in old version,when you download huge files [ 30gb+ at one file in high speeds] you get less problem with Disk overload problem..

i also already tested utorrent versions on 3GB internet speed seed box,got the highest speed with 2.2.1 so far.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
What you mean you have to download everything?
if you loading torrent that have X files, you can choose which files to download from the list..

there is nothing bad with the latest version,i just dont like it..because of the ads and the look.
what also in old version,when you download huge files [ 30gb+ at one file in high speeds] you get less problem with Disk overload problem..

i also already tested utorrent versions on 3GB internet speed seed box,got the highest speed with 2.2.1 so far.
I tried v2.2.1 two times. I couldn't choose what to download. The box was blank

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Good config buddy!

About torrents, when i used to have in my home PC client, it was ,,,well i don't remember when i start it, but utorrent 2.2.1 was it build 25302 or something, was best and yes you got selected what files u down. And if speed is good, you can tweak a little diskoverloading settings and other. Only thing is, it is bit old. But good alternative is qbittorrent. Nowadays i use mine own "cloudcastle". Which included 4x4tb space and everythin what i needed. Rtorrent for torrenting, when rarely use it and stream and watch those over bigsea or moved with sftp-connections my home.

But,well little bit offtopic :p As i said , good config :)

Edit: Sound like u are a bit "part time semi-paranoid" like i am, so i little confusing this config og yours => Browser: Google Chrome Preferred Search Engine: Google ,,,,maybe ixquik or ddg searh engine and browser brave/CID or if over paranoid Tor and so on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.