Basic Security Outlaw's Security Config (Updated 7-26-17)

a1nn

Level 2
Verified
Jun 5, 2017
Hi, what I would suggest you do is:
  • Add HTTPS Everywhere
  • Make sure your using the optimal Avast settings (Hardened Aggressive, and using this)
  • Consider also using Emsisoft Emergency Kit and Malwarebytes as a second-opinion scanner.
Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

Thanks for sharing your config!

Reactions: Syafiq

outlawxtorn

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2017
I would not recommend doing so and would disable it.
Thanks! I did just that.

Hi, what I would suggest you do is:
  • Add HTTPS Everywhere
  • Make sure your using the optimal Avast settings (Hardened Aggressive, and using this)
  • Consider also using Emsisoft Emergency Kit and Malwarebytes as a second-opinion scanner.
Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

Thanks for sharing your config!
Thanks! I did that too.

outlawxtorn

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2017
Changed a few things. currently running Voodoo Shield Pro + Windows Firewall + Windows Defender+ Windows Firewall Control(paid) + Hitmanpro.alert!

outlawxtorn

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2017
Edit: Removed WFC for Tinywall, added pua detection for windows defender via powershell.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.