Advice Request Outlook query

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weebarra

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Evening folks, i hope i've posted this in the correct forum so please forgive me if i have not.

I use a few email accounts and today i noticed a message in one of them (it had already been sent to the spam folder by Microsoft) but when i inspected it, it appears to be from myself :confused: as in, it is my exact email address, how can this be and is there anything i can do to prevent it happening again ? Now i assume i can't block myself but it is seriously annoying me that it has happened. I moved it to my inbox to see if i could see where it has come from through the message source but it's all gobbly-de-gook to me as i am not clever enough to understand it.
Should i be worried ?

Weebarra

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Thanks for your reply @SHvFl, i just got a bit paranoid when i saw it but i will try to ignore it if i can. I looked around google to see if i could find an answer w but there are lots of old posts saying it is probably malware. I will scan my computer with Zemana and Kaspersky just to make sure.

Evening folks, i hope i've posted this in the correct forum so please forgive me if i have not.

I use a few email accounts and today i noticed a message in one of them (it had already been sent to the spam folder by Microsoft) but when i inspected it, it appears to be from myself :confused: as in, it is my exact email address, how can this be and is there anything i can do to prevent it happening again ? Now i assume i can't block myself but it is seriously annoying me that it has happened. I moved it to my inbox to see if i could see where it has come from through the message source but it's all gobbly-de-gook to me as i am not clever enough to understand it.
Should i be worried ?

Is it an empty email or a copy of one that was sent to you by someone else or that you had sent to someone previously ?

In Outlook it is easy to unwittingly reply or copy to yourself.

It is a suspicious issue only if it keeps happening and you do not recognize the contents.

Weebarra

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Is it an empty email or a copy of one that was sent to you by someone else or that you had sent to someone previously ?

In Outlook it is easy to unwittingly reply or copy to yourself.

It is a suspicious issue only if it keeps happening and you do not recognize the contents.

No @Lockdown , it's not empty, it is offering me "a job opportunity " with great wages, lol. I will keep an eye on it and i have changed my password too so hopefully i have not been compromised. Thank you all for replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.