Outpost 8 gained second place in Matousec test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashke

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 3, 2012
Excellent ranking for Outpost (2013/03/20 15:28)

For very long time it was only Comodo Internet Security that was able to reach the Excellent ranking in Proactive Security Challenge 64. Today, new Outpost Security Suite Pro version 8 joined Comodo in this category with 90% score. Congratulations and keep up the improving quality!

kInHU8r.png

Source

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
:s How does CIS6 get top place? Proactive Challenges rely on HIPS/IDS/BB etc.

CIS6's HIPS is disabled and the BB is directly linked with it's AutoSandbox, but the tests were performed outside of it's sandbox.

D

Deleted member 178

By default, the HIPS is still active underground (but gives priority to the BB) and kicks in if the BB doesn't stop the malware.

there is no more auto-sandbox, just the BB (an improved auto-sandbox)

after, comodo being first is another matter ;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I know, that's what I mean the BB => "is the" AutoSandbox. So technically there is no BB, just a sensor to activate the Auto-Sandboxing (ie. Behavioural Sandboxing). :huh:

It gets more confusing with every release. Lol

:eek:fftopic:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Not surprised when its engine firewall capabilties (Outpost) borrowed by Virusbuster improved from the test and matter mixed with their own techniques.

D

Deleted member 178

Earth said:
It gets more confusing with every release. Lol

because they plan to have a mamutu-style sandbox, but now im not so sure ^^

Akash209

Verified
Feb 11, 2013
i dont TRUSt this..!!!! How can a av that not catch a some virus with decion rate less then 90, is got 1st & 2nd place & Kaspersky, Avast , ESET is in Lower..????

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You might want to read up what Matousec Proactive Challenges are.

Akash209 said:
i dont TRUSt this..!!!! How can a av that not catch a some virus with decion rate less then 90, is got 1st & 2nd place & Kaspersky, Avast , ESET is in Lower..????

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Yes his statement is not correct as matousec is not about av test
But still virusbuster,spyshelter,and jetico is above zonealarm is questionable

Earth said:
You might want to read up what Matousec Proactive Challenges are.

Akash209 said:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
As far as I know, Matousec has always tested Firewalls with and without HIPS/BB/IDS etc.

SpyShelter is an Anti-Logger with HIPS-components, check their website - so I don't see why it's "questionable".

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Matousec test isn't like the test held by other independent testing organization.

As we can see most of the firewall are not yet been enhanced much unlike few others thus most failed in the given attack measures + primarily focused from signatures and heuristics.

Zonealarm and few others are likely pure firewall without IDS/HIPS or BB.

Improving HIPS takes a long time since the way of pop ups interacts, needing couple of whitelist for trusted programs.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
For those who missed to read these threads-

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-64-bits-are-uneasy-to-protect-for-many-Matousec?highlight=Matousec

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Matousec-Proactive-Security-Challenge-64-2013-1-18?page=2&highlight=Matousec

Decide for yourself if Matousec tests are trustworthy.

Enjoy!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.