Outpost Pro 8.0 Release Candidate(Public Test)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
Outpost Pro 8.0 Release Candidate
Public Testing Is Underway

Join the open testing for the upcoming Outpost Security Suite Pro, Outpost Firewall Pro and Outpost Antivirus Pro 8.0 and you can help us improve the products and ensure that they will meet your needs!
Whether you’re already a member of our beta-testing community or not, Agnitum invites you to check out the release candidate of our 8.0 product line. We’ve listened to your feedback on previous versions and have been working hard to improve the software with the addition of these new, exciting features — just to name a few:

Here’s what’s new and what’s now tangible in this interim delivery:
• Outpost Pro 8 is fully compatible with Windows 8
• Totally reworked, even more intuitive user interface
The new GUI is not just a pretty face but a usability-driven system of controls which makes Outpost protection transparent and easily configurable. A number of tweaks have been made based on valuable customer feedback and best practice user experience guidelines. New features include:
• Easy-to-view protection status with instant access to updates and license information
• Reorganized malware scan menu with optimally placed options
• Visually reinforced navigation through the product menus — with repeated function/feature headings to ensure users always take the correct path
• Enable or disable protection modules accessible in just one click from within the revamped Setup menu
• The Tools menu now incorporates Event viewer, Quarantine, Network activity, Ports used, Process activity, File and Registry monitor, Attacks blocked and Submit file for analysis — for convenient handling of suspect items — all under the same roof
• All essential logs can now be found under a single tab. Detailed sub-logs are available in a drop-down menu (see Event viewer screen below)
• The revamped Help and Support menu provides links to existing guidelines (Agnitum’s Knowledge base) as well as a user-generated Outpost User Forum and online test-your-PC service. The tab also facilitates interaction with customer service
• The Entertainment mode is activated automatically (along with Auto-learn mode) so the user can enjoy uninterrupted game and movie sessions without having to think about security

Supported OS: Windows 2003, XP, Vista, Windows Server 2008, W7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012

Download: All Versions

Bug Reports : Bugs

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
How long can we have this installed? Is it a trial and if so how many days? I couldn't see any information on that webpage letting me know.

Thanks.

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
here are some Screenshots of the Outpost Firewall Pro, Outpost security Suite has the Antimalware component added.

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
thanks for the heads up and for the screenshots arsenaloyal!

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
Yes initially I thought i will not like the new UI, i was used with the old one for a long time! But the new UI is tastefully done, keeping in mind both the novice and advanced users.

Much more streamlined not and also removed the antispyware in the firewall which makes it more lighter!

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
Though the New UI is great,the thing i like most is they have not made many changes to the core components of the firewall which is what is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.