OverDivine Config

overdivine

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2013
If i run chrome on a limited account and let's say the malware needs admin consent and i click yes (but must be digitally signed or it won't be able to run even as admin) to allow it to run, it can only steal passwords from chrome on the admin account because the passwords on the limited account i use are not encrypted there and i quote:
"To perform the encryption (on Windows), Chrome uses a Windows provided API function which makes the encrypted data only decipherable by the Windows user account used to encrypt the password. "

ChromePass from nirsoft returns nothing

Thanks for the feedback btw

overdivine

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 21, 2013
i didn't get infected since early vista. i've been using srp from 2007 so far so good. My friends all use antiviruses and form time to time they get a detection or get they get infected. i run on demand scanners from time to time but they don't find a thing. i have i7 cpu ,16gb ram, ssd and i can feel the difference when using 3rd party security software running real time. why fix it if it ain't broke .

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.