Malware Testing
    I do not participate in downloading malware samples
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    NVT EXE Radar Pro | Sandboxie
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    Zemana AntiMalware | HitmanPro | Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    Browsers and Extensions
    Google Chrome - Netcraft Extension | Avira Browser Safety | uBlock Origin | uBlock Origin WebSocket | KB SSL Enforcer | Tunnello VPN | The Great Suspender | OneTab
    chrome security settings
    Send a DNT request | malicious site blocking enabled | 3rd Party cookies are blocked | Click-to-Play enabled | Flash is disabled
    chrome://flags tweaks
    Extension Content Verification = enforce strict | Reduce default 'referer' header granularity is enabled
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    Custom Hosts | uBlock Origin
    Password Managers
  • KeePass Portable
  • Web Search
  • Google
  • System Utilities
    CleanMem | Process Tamer | Auslogics DiskDefrag | CCleaner
    Data Backup
    None
    Frequency of Data backups
    System Backup
    None
    Frequency of System backups
    None

Overkill

Level 31
    Verified
    Trusted
    Removed Avast & Adguard for now. I am so used to these extremely light anti-exe/whitelisting/virtualization apps, when I install an AV I notice the change in responsiveness very easily and it drives me nuts! I think for now I'll stick with my current config and maybe install HMPA here soon.

Voodooshield is an exception. I do notice a change in responsiveness when it's installed :mad:

Reactions: Logethica

Infected

Removed Avast & Adguard for now. I am so used to these extremely light anti-exe/whitelisting/virtualization apps, when I install an AV I notice the change in responsiveness very easily and it drives me nuts! I think for now I'll stick with my current config and maybe install HMPA here soon.

Voodooshield is an exception. I do notice a change in responsiveness when it's installed :mad:
    Why I only have two. Plus you never know if one is truly fully compatible with the other and so maybe rendering them both only partially functional... you think a feature is doing something but it's actually not... both are partially blocking the other. These programs have to access special key areas of your computer to shield these components. I do know that Bitdefender states that it won't install if Webroot is installed.

Overkill

Level 31
    Verified
    Trusted
    I have slimmed down my security quite a bit, but I still feel very secure. I run most (if not all) of my vulnerable programs in the sandbox and have strict restrictions. I have my web protection layered (hosts, dns, chrome extensions) and SAP will block anything that isn't whitelisted. I can run in shadow mode whenever I feel it necessary. Oh yea I forgot my most important tool, BRAIN.exe ;)

Infected

In terms of web browsing people report bad sites all the time that the chance if you stumbling across one that hasn't already been checked will be very slim and even if you do come across such a site (that hasn't been checked yet) you can always scan the URL with services such as Virus Total. Ideally you want the antivirus software to warn you of known bad sites before you enter them, but there is always services such as Virus Total out there for extra safety.

Reactions: Overkill

Overkill

Level 31
    Verified
    Trusted
    Trying F-Secure Internet Security and so far i'm impressed! It's very light and hasn't effected system responsiveness other than when scanning for awhile. The only bad thing is Shadow Defender isn't compatible :mad:

Overkill

Level 31
    Verified
    Trusted
    Removed F-Secure (started to slow my boot down) added EAM
    Make that ESET 9 BETA, I've been wanting to give it a test drive.

Last edited: