Not open for further replies.

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Panda has a own site for his free panda dome..they wanna push their paid products on the main website.
but yes the download is from cnet.com

HunterKhajiit

Level 2
Verified
Nov 11, 2017
Panda has a own site for his free panda dome..they wanna push their paid products on the main website.
but yes the download is from cnet.com
If i have panda version 18.03 will it automatically update it to 18.04?
or do i need to install it from different source, this is confusing me sorry.

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Today i installed Panda Dome 18.04.00 i wonder how well it will go because 2 years ago i had many BSOD with panda , still the same machine here... so fingers crossed!

Last edited:

Wordward

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
I installed Panda Dome 18.04.00 i wonder how well it will go because 2 years ago i had many BSOD with panda , still the same machine here... so fingers crossed!
I tried it out recently and liked it. My laptop with i5 Pentium and 8 MB RAM seemed to like it too. A little more responsive than with Windows Defender and browsing was fast. (Panda AV only installed, no web protection.) I have Emsisoft Anti-Malware running now and I feel like my browsing was a little better with Panda Dome, so I may switch back again.

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
confusing o_O the paid version of panda dome?

panda antivirus free 18.0.4 -> panda dome free
panda yearly subscription -> panda internet security or global protection (17.0.1)
panda monthly subscription -> panda advanced protection or protection complete (17.0.1)

Attachments

• panda 1.PNG
    panda 1.PNG
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,201
  • panda 2.PNG
    panda 2.PNG
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,180

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
thx for the info :) but this should be the new panda dome paid version?
There is no chancelog in the panda forum

That's what I was told in a message from a forum mod.... (any paid key will work)
My thoughts are that their forum is useless.
Seems that Panda is really running in circles with the Dome. No beta, no actual direction. Just, "here is the new Dome" :oops:
Don't get me wrong, I love the new Panda. Just believe it should have been polished and tested first.
ScreenShot_20180107110551.png ScreenShot_20180107110618.png ScreenShot_20180107110632.png ScreenShot_20180107110651.png ScreenShot_20180107110716.png

Last edited:

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
That's what I was told in a message from a forum mod.... (any paid key will work)
My thoughts are that their forum is useless.
Seems that Panda is really running in circles with the Dome. No beta, no actual direction. Just, "here is the new Dome" :oops:
Don't get me wrong, I love the new Panda. Just believe it should have been polished and tested first.
View attachment 177713 View attachment 177714 View attachment 177715 View attachment 177716 View attachment 177717
Yes, Panda has always had a problem with the forum, it really is a discaso their forum, besides having a big problem of not publishing changelog.

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Hi,

I found a changelog on their forum (date dec 20) :

New features / improvements included in Panda Protection 18.4.0.00

New completely redesigned user interface.
New VPN protection.
New Firewall technology based on NBL.
Alert support in Tablet mode.
Changes in driver installation technology in W10 (PNPUtil).
Integration in WSC-WDSC for W10 RS3.
Ability to remove licenses from a PC.
Internal improvements to reduce writing in the configuration stores (The number of writing operations in the license dat has been reduced).
Compatibility with Cloud Files in W10 RS3.
Bug fixes

[BUGFIX] If you insert an exclusion from a folder that is inside another folder without more subfolders, the product assigns the exclusion to the upper folder. If there is more than one subfolder, the exclusion is assigned correctly.
[BUGFIX] when an element that has been sent to quarantine is restored, the exclusion is done by malware ID which causes that all the elements that are detected under that same malware ID, stop being detected.
[BUGFIX] It does not work to kill a reliable parent process which in turn is loading a process detected by Deteven's context. Loading (eg VBS) is avoided, but killing the parent (eg Word from which a vulnerability is exploited) does not work.
[BUGFIX] PSANModROL: Remove current date from licenses not checked in offline mode to prevent an incorrect date from being stored.
[BUGFIX] [PSNCDSVF] Bug - Syncronization of CStore. (Correction of a service drop)
[BUGFIX] [PSANModScheduler] Wrong type reading cfg item from store.
[BUGFIX] Fixed 100% percent cleanup when doing the task.
[BUGFIX SF # 04587217] [psinprot] Bug. BSOD because of bad synchronization.
[MS SYSDEV BUGID 11453149]: PSUAMain.exe crashes when application is closed from taskmanager
[MS SYSDEV BUGID 12624376]: Application crashes on clicking on reboot later while uninstalling Panda Protection
[BUGFIX] Removed cyren phishing / malware categories to reduce false positives.

Source : Panda Security Forum - View topic - 30% load CPU and endless logining
I think this is for paid version (because no firewall in free version).
Regards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.