Not open for further replies.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
i have seen an advice in the panda forum....we should panda install with the toolbar (web protection), then uninstall the yahoo toolbar manual, and the web protection should be left in your system. But i have not checked that

@legendcampos could you try this? :)
In the free version you need the toolbar to get Url protection.

In paid versions it's not needed to get Url protection.It's(url protection) completely integrated in the product.Simply unselect the installation of the toolbar, during Panda installation.:)

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
In the free version you need the toolbar to get Url protection.

In paid versions it's not needed to get Url protection.It's(url protection) completely integrated in the product.Simply unselect the installation of the toolbar, during Panda installation.:)

What a sneaky way to perform data harvesting and give a scence of false security by installing a pup! But then again , why should panda free be more different than other free avs. :(

legendcampos

Level 6
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
i have seen an advice in the panda forum....we should panda install with the toolbar (web protection), then uninstall the yahoo toolbar manual, and the web protection should be left in your system. But i have not checked that

You can uninstall the toolbar and you're given the option to keep Panda's URL filtering at the end of the installation.

Does not protect well, perform the phishing test on the site AMTSO with the protection bar and without the bar.

Reactions: DDE_Server

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Which browser do you use ? if it is Chrome you should have an extension from panda in your browser (panda safe web, get it also in google webstore)
with this try to open Phishing site (on amtso), it will give you a warning page.
For the other things on amtso its eicar files (not a real virus) , but it lets you download the file , but it will catched by Panda.
In settings set scan compressed files to enabled.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Does not protect well, perform the phishing test on the site AMTSO with the protection bar and without the bar.
I had this problem before,but it's the way their product works. If i remember well you have to load the phishing test site when you are on a valid or non-phishing website. For example, you are on google you copy and paste the phishing link directly in the address bar and load.Then it will work.

Emmanuellws

Level 3
Verified
Mar 11, 2017
my oppinion on whatever this Panda Free AV product is called and look like. Its behavioral protection is MEDIOCRE and not at its best compared to its Commerical version. Got a new name and look? It's just marketing strategy. If you want to use Panda Free AV/Dome...please use it along with any other second layer protection like example Voodooshield. On the side note, if the malicious codes are obfuscated in .hta files, it would have failed miserably in any test. Do take note that Panda Free AV actually uses 2 scan engines - its own Antivirus Engine and also its Machine Learning file classification model. That explains it has higher ratings in AV-comparatives. Panda Free AV/Dome might be able to protect users from Zero Day ransomware but it wont be able to protect against obfuscated scripts based malware attack. Why? Again..money...you need to buy the Adaptive Defense model. In other words, I dare to say that Avast Free Antivirus or the new Kaspersky Free Antivirus their bahavioral detection is better than Panda Free AV/Dome. well this is just my oppinion and based on my own test I did on Panda Free AV. I do not intend to proceed my test further to do further attack test as the first initial access is already enough for me to do breach data and steal browser information.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
my oppinion on whatever this Panda Free AV product is called and look like. Its behavioral protection is MEDIOCRE and not at its best compared to its Commerical version.
I thought the proactive protection was just as bad in the paid versions as the free one. I've used both the paid and free versions and can't remember ever seeing any alerts, other than when a known threat was detected.

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
does panda adaptive defense and panda internet/global protection have the same protection or are they different?

Reactions: HunterKhajiit

Emmanuellws

Level 3
Verified
Mar 11, 2017
Adaptive Defense is in another layer of protection... totally different from it's smaller version, it's a combination of ML analysis with classification technology, visual and raw forensic analysis, data leakage prevention, script and command line monitoring, continuous process or memory monitoring, and many more... Well, let's just say it's a missing feature from all other Panda Products... It can also be installed with any other Antivirus as an extra security layer. There are two versions, Panda Adaptive Defense 360 (with it's Antivirus) and Panda Adaptive Defense only (without AV).
does panda adaptive defense and panda internet/global protection have the same protection or are they different?

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
OK so we can say all Panda products for home user are mediocre and panda adaptive defense is their new premium linie for better protection?! Btw they wanna earn money with endpoint

Emmanuellws

Level 3
Verified
Mar 11, 2017
OK so we can say all Panda products for home user are mediocre and panda adaptive defense is their new premium linie for better protection?! Btw they wanna earn money with endpoint
yes...it is mediocre... I repeat...MEDIOCRE. it is sad that home users don't have this extra added feature..anyway its only for enterprise. The only thing that the home users/free version can benefit from this is only the database for detecting newly fresh malware resulting from the Adaptive Defense ML analysis or any ongoing or classified malicious file. You can say Kaspersky and ESET does better in protecting the home users. I am not a fan of Panda's Antivirus...only their Adaptive Defense model. I might choose ESET + Panda Adaptive anytime over Panda Adaptive Defense 360 (With Panda Antivirus).

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Panda has excellent protection technologies, Adaptive Defense and Adaptive Defense 360, as was mentioned by Emmanuellws, but they are not implemented in your home AV, which is a shame, I believe that if these technologies were added to household products, they would become one of the best AVs and make a lot of money.

HarryNguyen0330

Level 1
Oct 6, 2016
I guess there are multiple editions, including Essentials, Advanced, Premium, Complete and even the new VPN as standalone package O_O
2018de84c611-03b0-482c-8c46-bff133c630bb.jpg

btw, the new version works well except its font. I like this new GUI tho (just like on the PMS for Android)
Here are just few screenshots regarding the new PGP:
2018c45fcdbf-2a9b-45ab-8f11-e5ef318d389f.jpg

2018f375d109-587b-4b87-8f20-cb54e6e69195.jpg

2018334f5523-f6f9-4c1e-8283-f260ae18cc1b.jpg

201877b10cc1-fd9f-4d03-b9e4-6257d31aaa77.jpg

201862c10d38-f325-4792-a862-fdc9f56ee8e7.jpg

2018d34b43fc-b4f6-439c-993d-d9cd30e6ff1e.jpg

201899b62979-0517-4602-92d5-193c14a75112.jpg

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
Here a direct link from Panda forum: http://acs.pandasoftware.com/Panda/FREEAV/190612/FREEAV.exe

Panda Dome 18.4 is not an official release, yet.
Truth there can be some 18.4 running around, but they have been sent due to technical issues with 18.3.
Official release has only been in france and Mexico, as for now.

This month will be the official worldwide release. Keep calm, hold your breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.