Panda Claims It's Better than Kaspersky, McAfee

Status
Not open for further replies.

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
You can trust a professional company more then you can trust an amateur YouTube video. People complain to complain. Members watch a YouTube test video posted here. Panda fails. Then AVC gives Panda 100% detection rate. So everyone starts rubber stamping that Panda paid off AVC. Keep this in mind. No one will ever take a YouTube video seriously. Especially one created by a young teen who is too bashful to speak and uses music to puff up his video. FYI. I mute all those videos anyways. Wilders Security has banned such unprofessional videos for a reason. As well as Avast has banned them.

Reactions: Dubseven

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
If I was an AV vendor I would make sure I am #1 also.I dont trust anybody but myself.You can debate this all you want but in the end these claims,whether 100% true or not,are aimed towards the novice home user.The average home computer user.Those who look at a testing result with the nice graphs from an independent(is it just me or does anyone else think they dont test out of the goodness of their heart) AV testing lab and buy it based on that and that alone.The home user that doesnt have the time or knowledge to research the products to get a truly impartial comparison between products.Before you read into that I am not specifically talking about Panda.The home user that takes everything they read on a website at face value.
If im buying a car and Ford says they make the best car in America and back that up with some independent automotive test results,am I going to run to the nearest Ford dealer and buy a car based on that? Im thinking No! I am going to look around and test drive different makes and models until I find the one that is best for me based on performance,gas mileage & options.
Somebody might not agree with the car I bought and say Ford is the best because they got the highest rating in the independent automotive test.I might say I bought a Chevy because it was best for me and the debate might continue.
However a debate is one thing and forcing your opinion on somebody is another.If you cannot understand this then you shouldn't get involved in the debate

Edward ST

Level 3
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
No news about GData lately, and that is a little bit strange. It's still a good product, especially by the fact that is helped by Kaspersky. I know that is a heavy security suite but is worth to try.

Reactions: MalwareT

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I don't know why you do consider Kaspersky is over-rated, since is so good. :cool:

Tell me some arguments why it's better than Kaspersky, please.

Sorry mate forgot to add the main part :p check my post again :D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Please people stay on topic,this is a thread not a chatbox.Members are spiraling way off this topic & posting double replies without editing their previous post.The other off topic replies have got to stop.You can use the PM ("conversation") system to discuss these.Thank You :)

Reactions: SherKaan and Manzai

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
panda and mcafee are junk and they say their better then mcafee well im sorry panda you and mcafee are pathetic your zero day protection doesn't work at all,both panda and mcafee let in rootkits and other nasty malware into the windows and system 32 files and i did use both in past and when i was a kid gave me a hard life on the pc and the other at the forums

Last edited by a moderator:

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I used Panda 1 year ago and i got infected. I could'nt even acces safe mode. It missed in total 6 virusses. I can't recommend Panda anymore. In my opinion, it's a bad AV. Kaspersky is much better!

Reactions: Manzai and nsm0220

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I used Panda 1 year ago and i got infected. I could'nt even acces safe mode. It missed in total 6 virusses. I can't recommend Panda anymore. In my opinion, it's a bad AV. Kaspersky is much better!
Keep in mind though, something that's bad for you doesn't mean it's bad for everybody. Before, I heard a lot of good stuff about Kaspersky. When I tried it out, it was slow and buggy. The UI froze up regularly. However, for other people it could've been a lightweight and stable one, maybe my system was just not as strong. Then I turned back to MSE, even though it received poor reviews, it worked well for me and I happily used it until I switched to Avast!

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
AV vendors don't lie it is called marketing (I know it is a bad joke but ... ha ha ha ha ha)

MalwareFire

Level 3
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
" 100% proctetion 6/6" "Performance 6/6" by av-test.org
av-test dont say that xD
Panda i cant trust you

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014

Just cause you got infected do not blame Panda or any other av for that. 90% of malware infections are self inflicted. Every single av out there misses something. Just go into every companies forum and you will see. So Panda missed something a year ago and now you dislike it? Lol. My Maytag dishwasher broke. I went and bought another Maytag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.