Panda Claims It's Better than Kaspersky, McAfee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
Comodo marketing is different, they choose to claims not to be the bests but something like this: "We let the user to choose to block or allow, we are better because we warn the user, so the user is responsable not us".

And it's more better that than claiming to be the best AV in the world, it's more "original" ;).

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
No such terminology as "More better". Remember years ago when Comodo challenged Norton? Comodo is never in any of these tests cause Melih does nothing but cry when it scores poorly. Except for AVTest.org.

Back on topic. Is Panda Free that good? When it can score higher then paid products I say yes. Is it marketing? Yes. At its highest.

Reactions: Dubseven

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
So Panda paid off all 3 companies? Lol. You amateur YouTube testers with your VM's will never understand real live testing. I have tested Panda Free on my laptop. No VM required. I passed with flying colors.

So let me guess this straight. YouTube amateur testing is more accurate then AV Comparatives, VB100, MRG and AVTest,org? ROFL!
1. I don't use a VM to test, I use my real system.
2. Panda doesn't pay off the other companies they just pay more.

I don't even feel like responding with alot of text so 1 & 2 is enough to explain my reply.

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
1. I don't use a VM to test, I use my real system.
2. Panda doesn't pay off the other companies they just pay more.

I don't even feel like responding with alot of text so 1 & 2 is enough to explain my reply.
Again, all vendors pay the same Money for testing there product. u need to get some infos before posting things that are not right.

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
People please stop making such accusations. So I guess when someone gets voted governor or president they bought off the voters? Do you honestly believe that Panda would pay off 3 companies then make a web page about it? Get real. Better yet get on YouTube and make a complaint. The public sees these tests way before any YouTube video testing.

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Again, all vendors pay the same Money for testing there product. u need to get some infos before posting things that are not right.

Could you please show me proof that they pay the same amount because I don't just believe everything someone says.

Reactions: Malware1

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Unfortunately, I’ve let this thread on the loose. My bad :(

OK, so unlike Avira, Panda actually backs up their claim. The problem is in the dates. For example:

VB100- Panda Best, okay, but look at the date:

April 2014 :D

You need the latest data, that was before the updated edition of products were released, Kaspersky, Avira, McAfee, and BitDefender have since updated their versions, and ESET and AVG are in beta now. So, it doesn’t show the latest results.

Before you shout “Unfair!, Panda, Unfair!” you need to keep in mind that it’s better than an empty claim, like Avira’s fictional 99.99% detection. Because there can never be 100% detection unless you actually make the malware, if you took MT’s full malware collection no antivirus would protect against all.

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
Could you please show me proof that they pay the same amount because I don't just believe everything someone says.

some staff member from the testers sites on wilders have say it month ago. havnt the time to search the thread but he have clearly said that all vendors paying the same money.

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
The latest test from VB100 is April 2014. Companies are not gonna test every month. I 100% agree that they are at least backing it up.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Based on what?

Err… personal experience.

You can probably see I’m not a Panda fanboy, but I plan to say so. I have and will still rate products by user experience, not by these tests. If I think the product is good, I will test it using the trial. ESET products have worked and are working for me. So are Webroot’s. So I use ESET + Webroot. For other users it could be Panda+ Emsisoft! Everybody’s tastes are different.

Panda scored high on 3 different tests by 3 different companies. They deserve the right to promote that. Just cause Panda did not score well on some amateur YouTube test does not mean a thing.
OK, all you are saying is the truth, but you are looking down too much on your fellow MT members. There’s a tradeoff though, you could believe in the professional and profitable people who do better testing but collect money or the people who do not-as-good testing but are fully independent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
This is the main topic of this thread : Panda Claims It's Better than Kaspersky, McAfee

Whatever your views or opinions on this topic you have a right to voice them and not be scorned or ridiculed for your personal opinion.
This in not a court of law and it is only a discussion.Another discussion however that has gone off the rails.The titanic,Noah's Ark,a few history lessons.A few comments on Avatars and some accusations of slander and defamation of character.Its a thread about a AV test and a claim by Panda nothing more.
Please stay on topic and be civil to one another or this will have to be closed

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
This is the main topic of this thread : Panda Claims It's Better than Kaspersky, McAfee

Whatever your views or opinions on this topic you have a right to voice them and not be scorned or ridiculed for your personal opinion.
This in not a court of law and it is only a discussion.Another discussion however that has gone off the rails.The titanic,Noah's Ark,a few history lessons.A few comments on Avatars and some accusations of slander and defamation of character.Its a thread about a AV test and a claim by Panda nothing more.
Please stay on topic and be civil to one another or this will have to be closed
Thank you!

D

Deleted member 178

Panda (and many others) can say whatever they want, they are still pale amateur compare to brands like Sophos or Symantec/Norton used by real security companies, military or multinational corporations.

Yes sure panda did better than others on THOSE samples, THAT day, on THIS system configuration. But let see in a year comparison against crypted FUD malwares.

It is not because i beat someone one time that i will beat him all the time.

All those statements are pure marketing junk for clueless people scared by vendors' daily announcement "we found a supervirus, you must use an AV"

People believing test labs are just pawns in the great business of security software.

Test labs are just youtube testers with more resources, they have the same methodology, inadequate to the real world usage. They just throw bunch of malwares and click "scan".

They dont even consider prevalence of malwares used. Also do they implement forensic checks of some critical area of the system after infection and removal? I dont think so, they only use MBAM and Hitman Pro lol

All this to say , dont trust test labs and what vendors says at all, just trist the result on your computer

GabiCRX

Level 8
Verified
Jun 24, 2011
The tests are not a prof that Panda is better, they are just for guidence, the prof whout be: a lot of users and the appreciation from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.