Panda Claims It's Better than Kaspersky, McAfee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward ST

Level 3
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
Let's be serious. How can Panda be more extensive and stronger than Kaspersky? Kaspersky ZAO is the strongest security suite in the world. No suite is better that Kaspersky. I started to believe that those tests are fake. And, in one test, as I far seen, only Panda "won" the first place.
Also, ESET is better than Panda. I've heard a lot of people using those two products, but no Panda.

Kaspersky is the best and it remains forever in the first place, followed by ESET and Norton. No way Panda.

NZRADAR

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
What AV would be good to test using defaults that are best matched with Panda's Defaults.

Of particular interest would be an AV that by default digs into the samples and unpacks them in Realtime protection mode /Not on demand scan , and here I am not talking about running the files just static detection

I'm just interested because much detection in realtime mode depends how far each program extracts to analyze

Nutshell Realtime static detection using programs default unpacker abilitys

Thanks for any advise here

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
Is this a new joke gone viral on the internet ? :p

Not a joke but facts based on real testing by real companies.

At least these companies are not not copying and pasting malware linkls every 2-3 seconds and flooding the av. Of course if you never give an av a chance to react it will fail. The average person is never ever gonna be flooded with malware every 2-3 seconds. Not even in a life time. 90% of YouTube testers cannot afford a premium account which allows for longer videos. So they try and pack everything into a 2 min video. That is not realistic. Wanna see realistic on YouTube? See Matt from Remove-Malware. His videos are around 25-30 min each. And he never floods an av.

Last edited by a moderator:

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
At least these companies are not not copying and pasting malware linkls every 2-3 seconds and flooding the av. Of course if you never give an av a chance to react it will fail. The average person is never ever gonna be flooded with malware every 2-3 seconds. Not even in a life time. 90% of YouTube testers cannot afford a premium account which allows for longer videos. So they try and pack everything into a 2 min video. That is not realistic. Wanna see realistic on YouTube? See Matt from Remove-Malware. His videos are around 25-30 min each. And he never floods an av.

What is youtube premium account?
I use standard free account. Still able to upload lengthy videos. i have uploaded videos of length upto 90 minutes for free.

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
Well maybe I am wrong on that. But these 2 min fast and furious videos with music are not realistic in anyway shape or form.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
The performance test was shown for Windows XP, because no other antivirus would run lightly on systems with meagre RAM or on XP based systems.

Run the same on Win 8.1 and you'd be surprised that Panda comes last....Check the results for performance test on Windows 8.1 at AV-Test.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I don't trust any test only my own.

Avast / Dr.Web / ESET / Kaspersky / Microsoft / Symantec / are the products that I recommend.

360 Internet Security is also good (if you are not paranoid about chinese software).

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I see from their website that a few NHS trusts are using Panda, so it cannot be that bad

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I see from their website that a few NHS trusts are using Panda, so it cannot be that bad
No antivirus is only bad, if it was, the vendor would go bankrupt. These vendors all put in a nice product, with all its pros and cons, but nothing is all pros or all cons, if it were all pros, it would damage the AV industry as everybody would only use the best AV and thousands of employees would be layed-off because one AV is the best and nobody uses their one anymore.

With all cons, nobody would ever use that AV ever again so the company would shut down, in a similar way as above.

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
Run the same on Win 8.1 and you'd be surprised that Panda comes last....Check the results for performance test on Windows 8.1 at AV-Test.

You can't compare those, because on XP they tested with 3.0 and the last 8.1 Test was with 2.3.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
You can't compare those, because on XP they tested with 3.0 and the last 8.1 Test was with 2.3.

Honestly my test results were the same, when Panda used to hang my PC at times...

Anyway there's so no such thing as a best antivirus...just the one that you use currently and some common-sense would do good.

Reactions: marg

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
Honestly my test results were the same, when Panda used to hang my PC at times...

I believe you when you say that your own results were the same but you were referring to AV-Test in your previous posting.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Bottom line being this:

1. Is Panda lying? No
2. Can Panda backup their web page with true and actually facts? Yes
3. Is it merely marketing? Yes
4. End of debate
:)

The reason the debate started up was because many members do not trust these antivirus testers. Like @Manzai said in here nice little clip, AV testers accept donations. However, if they listen to the developers is the mystery.

Yes, it's marketing, and like I said before, it's better and more trustful marketing then an empty claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.