Panda Cloud Antivirus 2.1 now with anti-exploit protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntax

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 4, 2012
We want to announce availability of the new Panda Cloud Antivirus 2.1, the first free cloud antivirus!

We are really excited with this version because it integrates a very important new feature in both FREE and PRO Editions: we have reinforced our behavioural protection with an anti-exploit technology, which detects and neutralizes malware that exploits zero-day vulnerabilities (Java, Adobe, MS Office..) like Blackhole or Redkit before it infects the PC.

http://blog.cloudantivirus.com/2012/12/03/panda-cloud-antivirus-2-1-with-anti-exploit-protection/

Performance improvements. That's what I'm looking for Panda Cloud 2 after it was released. My internet and system crawled when I installed it. In addition, the scan speed was slow.

P

Plexx

Syntax said:
Performance improvements. That's what I'm looking for Panda Cloud 2 after it was released. My internet and system crawled when I installed it. In addition, the scan speed was slow.

Does anyone have the full list of patch notes? Can't seem to find it.

Syntax: agree with you in regards to scan speed and system responsiveness.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Is it as good as Kaspersky's AEP? - PDF -

Edit: Hope to see it get tested by MRG.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
This could provide an advantage for users who don't keep their software or Windows updated. Hopefully it will not create more false positives.

Thanks.:D

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
Biozfear said:
Does anyone have the full list of patch notes? Can't seem to find it.
When I get a hold of the change log, I will post the list here.

Earth said:
Is it as good as Kaspersky's AEP?
No clue how Kaspersky's techno gizmo works (hehe :D). Panda improves their technology to detect unknown variants through the behavior that exploit malware shows. It is possible for the teams to analyze the behavior with help from the C.I. servers.

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
Syntax said:

exactly! i got a license code from download.com and installed it as soon as it came out. my pc was sooooooooooo slow!uninstalled it and went back to ESET. yesterday i installed PCAV (on a clean snapshot) and was impressed. an improvement was made. not the dreamy AV panda guys are talking about, but definitely not the v 2.0 released on download.com..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.