App Review Panda Cloud Antivirus 3.0.1 Test (MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
How is Panda Cleaning and defection of the Mal-ware?;)

I believe their detection is comparable with most av's. However the danger with Panda comes with the loss of internet connection which can be caused by a variety of malware (which will render the cloud capabilities of Panda "Cloud" useless). At last check they still provide a cached copy of some signatures stored on the local computer I would not expect too much success (compared to the local databases of Bitdefender, Avast, ect.).

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Can Panda Cloud be used alongside other AV's? :confused:Thanks for a great review..!:)

Thanks I am glad you enjoyed the test! :)

Panda is not "officially" recommended to run alongside other av's (Webroot I guess could be an exception being that they are designed to run as a companion av). In my personal experience of dabbling with various av concoctions I have experimented with Comodo Internet Security (CIS) and Panda Cloud Free and did not have any issues (mind you this is over a year ago).

My recommendation if you were to go with Panda would be a simple yet effective firewall (Tinywall or Comodo's firewall would be my recommendations) alongside a sandbox (Sandboxie or Bufferzone would be my recommendations). As long as you back-up files,pictures and other important information then you are pretty much in the clear against real-world malware infections.

Reactions: nissimezra and marg

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
thx doc
you to listen to my advice, privatefirewall.

Private-firewall brings back some memories. Haven't tried it out in a while. There is a process monitor built in so if I wanted to make a review I could probably make the test in the same way as all my other test so far (wink, wink).

Reactions: nissimezra

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Private-firewall brings back some memories. Haven't tried it out in a while. There is a process monitor built in so if I wanted to make a review I could probably make the test in the same way as all my other test so far (wink, wink).
I'll be more than happy to see review u make on it

again you didn't open task manager after reboot to see whats running, without doing that the test is missing the full cover. you should at least check startup msconfig to see if something added, and for advance to have a look on tasks, even though MBAM should detect it

cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: marg

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
I'll be more then happy to see review u make on it

again you didn't open task manger after reboot to see whats running, without doing that the test is missing the full cover. You should at least check start up msconfig to see if something added, and for advance to have a look on tasks, even though MBAM should detect it

cheers

Msconfig can be a good tool to see start-up entries but will not paint the whole picture in terms of the severity of malware on the computer (simple to find PUP's but rootkits will never show up there). But that is not the point you are trying to make. I will not disagree that reviewing msconfig or task manager following system reboot would not be a bad idea to implement.

Reactions: nissimezra and marg

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I would definitely not say useless (and I figure that is not the intention you had by saying that). Msconfig can be a good tool to see start-up entries but will not paint the whole picture in terms of the severity of malware on the computer (simple to find PUP's but rootkits will never show up there). But that is not the point you are trying to make. I will not disagree that reviewing msconfig or task manager following system reboot would not be a bad idea to implement.
not my intention at all, sorry if it sound....
me personally i love your reviews.
I've edited my post please remove from yours as well.

i am testing AV myself and i don't even use more than 1 scanner MBAM, the first thing that i test is taskmgr after reboot, if its clean i check tasks, than startup, if the files are on roaming or local but not active, than the AV did most of the job. if 1 file running even from temp thats bad.
better to have clean sheet but hi....

Reactions: MDTechVideos

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.