Panda Cloud AV Free 2.0 available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
panda Cloud AV 2.0 is available for download in CNET and Downloadcrew....but panda site shows latest version 1.5.2

here's the CNET link: http://download.cnet.com/Panda-Clou...-10914099.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody;1d

here's downloadcrew link: http://www.downloadcrew.com/article/24489-panda_cloud_antivirus_free

Screenshots from CNET:

Foreman_12644928_4426_FREE-Status-ENG.jpg

Foreman_12644928_369_FREE-AV-ENG.jpg

D

Deleted member 178

oh the vaccine is free now ! damn i have no slots to install it :D

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
Blog post: http://blog.cloudantivirus.com/2012/07/16/panda-cloud-antivirus-2-0/

New features and improvements:

-Community-based firewall (PRO edition only).
-New cloud-based disinfection engine.
-New behavioral analysis engine in the free edition.
-Improved offline protection.
-Process monitor allows seeing Internet connections on a per process basis.
-Improved performance and 50% faster scans.
-New advanced configuration options such as asking for confirmation before neutralizing.
-Compatibility with Windows 8.
-New interface.
-Ability to manage different licenses.

Now lets give a round of applause to the Panda team! :D

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Been a long time comin'.
Will be lookin' out for the tests and reviews with interest :)

P

Plexx

It's about time! Been waiting for beta to be completed so I could test it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
NSG001 said:
Been a long time comin'.
Will be lookin' out for the tests and reviews with interest :)

I second that. :D

P

Plexx

I sure hoping you guys are waiting to see the videos on youtube right? Because if you are waiting for me, it will take some time, just in case there are issues with the release

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
USB Vaccine only available in the PRO version? This would have been a perfect solution for FREE users, since Windows Firewall is good enough.

py1gu.png

P

Plexx

I wonder if they have changed the URL and Web Filter. If memory serves me right, Panda Antivirus Pro did not install the toolbar while still retaining the filtering.
Also, what happened to the firewall? I thought they would include it in the free version. Had hopes for it.

I rather slap them in the head instead of giving a round of applauses.

There were key features I was so looking forward for a free solution!

Nevertheless, on my list for review.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Biozfear said:
what happened to the firewall? I thought they would include it in the free version. Had hopes for it.

You are not alone i too share the same thoughts

P

Plexx

Well I still hope they have improved in most aspects and not simply overhauling the UI and a small tweak.

I did suggest some info to be available on settings back at their beta forums. Acknowledging that they passed feedback is one thing, making the crucial changes is another. Otherwise it will just be far form user friendly and only work around is open Help and search yourself...

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
Biozfear said:
I wonder if they have changed the URL and Web Filter. If memory serves me right, Panda Antivirus Pro did not install the toolbar while still retaining the filtering.
Also, what happened to the firewall? I thought they would include it in the free version. Had hopes for it.

Panda AV Pro is a little different product. The whole toolbar thing was just to help Panda earn revenue to keep the cloud servers up. You see, it cost them millions and it would have been much cheaper to go the traditional route.

From the mid-start, the firewall was planned to be a Pro feature. I don't see the big deal because all the free AVs (not the suites) don't include a firewall either. And what the community asked for mostly since 1.3 was behavioral analysis in the Free version. They needed to keep a good feature in Pro and we said "FIREWALL!!"... so a firewall was developed to be its replacement. :D

Never did they promise it to be in the Free product, but it is easy to obtain a Pro license. I went from zero... to four (one is a three-year license)! All from giveaways. ;) The price is $20-30 cheaper than what you'd usually pay for a firewall.

If you want sandboxing, parental control, etc, you can always buy PAV or PIS. Or just don't buy Panda. :angel:

P

Plexx

Free solutions with firewall: Comodo.

USB vaccination that they placed in Pro version only was an ok move but firewall wasn't.

To be honest, if someone is to buy Panda Cloud Pro, they might as well go for Panda AV Pro which has more features and is not only based on cloud.

Still a bad move from my point of view.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Anyone got around to using the new PCAV 2.0 Free? Is the USB Vaccine available in the FREE, but not "automatic" as such to the PRO version, or is it completely locked out like the Community-Firewall?

The standalone of USB Vaccine still works, right?
http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/downloads/usbvaccine/

P

Plexx

To be honest, since I have some time now, i decided to do the free version review.

Ill get back to you if no one has replied yet.

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
the usb vaccine is locked . At list this is what it says at Pandas dashboard ...
see here

Tobi

Jul 7, 2011
Biozfear said:
To be honest, if someone is to buy Panda Cloud Pro, they might as well go for Panda AV Pro which has more features and is not only based on cloud.
Panda AV is based on cloud as well.

Nikos

Jul 19, 2012
How Panda Cloud v2 is doing on detection and zeroday malware. Is it any good?

have anbyone tested it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.